So, like most people, you want [only?] the bottom line? Too lazy for Josh 1:8 (Mt 7:21; 12:35-37)? Offended? Question: Is this offense showing deep, real, insatiable interest, or is it to first ascertain whether this is the gospel Truth you will be hearing? Hopefully, both! So, friend – here goes, but first, a little aviation terminology to perhaps help make a concept [tradition] more clear.
Meanwhile – for the (lazy?) “bottom-line-people” – this is the bottom line: Jesus is the Life of men (Jn 1:4). A friendly and humble warning here – careful with assuming too hastily that you are on top of this one…
You are designed and made by God the Father to be His Son [like Jesus, so Spiritually mature, to literally and physically + spiritually live not die]. We [collectively, that is Christ to the world, not Jews] are to be like stars [Light, Spirit]. Those who are in Adam, Moses, or self, are like sand of the sea [dust, darkness, carnal, flesh]. His stars experience [by trust, believing Him, by faith, accept] His promise, but sand is below man’s feet. Jesus is not the King of “this” [Jewish, legal, self-righteous] world, but to those who believe Him and are prepared to take His immortal and eternal Life – here on earth – where He wants us to be and rule. Contemplate Mk 4:23-26; 7:13; Heb 2:1-4 with 1 Pet 1:18 and 2 Cor 5:17.
(For those “skipping” this reading until later, stop being so lazy – contemplate it, you have already missed enough like that, stop skipping! Love His Word genuinely – chew it! This is how you eventually hear His Voice. Read Him, until you hear Him. Jesus said, “it is written”, then “the Scripture says…” – Lk 4:12.
Then you realize He is a genuine Person; and you sit at His feet and hear from Him directly for the first time as your Guide, Counsellor, Teacher, Friend… you will only then know for sure that you do not need a meditation on a wall (Mt 6:1-4) – you need the PERSON Jesus Christ! Try Mt 11:25-30; Lk 10:21-24 (2 Cor 4:3). We need no institution’s accreditation to know the Person Jesus Christ. Contemplate Acts 4:12-13. Selah.
As a matter of fact, do the learned mostly major on minors while minoring on the major: Life + Love. God is the Author… The beginning… PhD’s mostly argue about detail while ignoring that LIFE is at hand… in Jesus Christ… and for you, Christian, Jesus said LIFE – not after-life!… literal EVER-LASTING LIFE!!!…
The Old was a Covenant [in a box] that had fleeting [passing] glories. Then came a better and so the new is a Testament [through a grave]. A Testament is only valid [in force, active, implemented] when the testator is buried, not before (Heb 9:16-18). All think this is so logical but fail to see that this is exactly where their institution’s doctrines fall! Jn 14 was before Jn 19! The meditation “Mixing Old and New” elaborate a bit more on this and then the meditation “The Testimony” even more to the point that your faith will be challenged.
The first modern aeroplanes then (how is that for typical relativity?), used laser-driven gyroscopes to sense acceleration and so attempted to have a self-sufficient navigation system of great accuracy… for that time (!). Accuracy in aviation is absolutely essential (How much more spiritually?), however, before satellite updates could be utilized, earthbound navigational facilities were all that was available for checking the accuracy of the [impressive] electronic picture the aircraft’s avionic systems came up with – of where it thought it was.
But often, after having crossed a long stretch of ocean, this big and sophisticated aircraft would approach an island and as soon as the update-check was performed by the equipment, a sometimes disconcerting phenomena presented itself: map shift. This was when the very impressive electronic presentation all of a sudden jumped and instantly presented you in a different place. When expected [taught beforehand, anticipated], this would not startle as much or cause mild panic-attacks; but sometimes this would occur unexpected [to some yet unenlightened, those who did not foresee it, or did not know or remembered it], and major and dangerous confusion set in. This confusion relates to being lost. This exposes, and to be unclothed, is to be put to shame (Jewish men’s guards unclothed Jesus’ body – Jn 19:23-24, note 3 below).
Now, drawing a spiritual parallel, we can all confess being spiritually lost [shaken?] at some stage or another. We all experience map-shift at some stage in our journey of obtaining a more full and accurate knowledge of the only Way, and the Truth and the Life – Jesus Christ. So, if our love [for Him] be genuine, we will not be afraid to be shaken [confess and repent]. We will accept His Word, because only HIS teaching [Word] is what will/can set us free – if we abide in HIS WORD (Jn 8:31,32,36).
By the way, people say they are flying, meanwhile the aircraft is doing the flying – they merely fly with it as long as they remain inside while it is flying. And this includes the pilots [Eph 4:11 ministers]. Now, think about you in Christ (Eph 4:12-15; Phil 2:15,16). Not the law, Christ Jesus! Not self, but Jesus Christ (Jn 1:4)! Not Moses, Jesus the Christ of God the Father! Are you in Him, from above (Rom 8:1-16,29-39)?…
The above four paragraphs attempted to explain and demonstrate that we suddenly see, with a shock, how easily we have been misled, finding out we are perhaps not so “OK” as we thought were [made ourselves to be in ceremonial religion]. We perhaps were not where we thought we were spiritually. Well, read on.
Now, you that have asked [challenged] God to “do something new”, brace yourself for some map-shift. He has done it when Jesus appeared! Unto us a child was born, a Son is given; and the government is upon His shoulder, and His name is called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace [between God and man, not man and man, Mt 10:34-41]. Of the increase of His kingdom [government] and of peace [between God and man] there shall be no end… The Reformation came when God made an end to the law, and Christ died for us. Miss this revelation, and you can not confess Eph 2:4-10.
Understandings… that leads to the bottom line, are as follows:
- Throughout history, things have received names [rules, dogma] after it materialized. So also law. It was added much later (Gal 3:19), but Eve and Adam was introduced [lured, deceived] to it by self.
- The Law has [show] no [zero] mercy! Contemplate Jn 1:17; 9:28; Gal 3:11-19; Heb 4:16…
- Knowledge between right and wrong, good and evil, blessing and calamity, and applying it as a means of salvation [life] is only later [than Genesis] called law, but still is a [spiritual] law (“if”…).
- Be calm and think why Eve was mentioned by Paul in 2 Cor 11:3? What if Paul received the revelation of when that world [law, mentality, principle] was implemented?
- The Law (10 commandments) is a set of rules whereby you can save yourself, as long as you comply to all – all the time, even in thought; or condemn yourself if you don’t, and it is conditional.
- But the grace of God is absolutely unconditional! (Rom 11:6; Jn 1:17; Gal 5:4; Phil 3:9; and so on).
- This idea [of self-righteousness] was offered to Eve by the destroyer right in the beginning (Gen 3; 1 Jn 3:8). This is not being clothed by Christ (Jn 15:1-7; Rom 13:14; Eph 6:13). Oh, how dogma of man have messed up the Name of God (Mt 7:21-24; 12:34-37; 18:1-7… come back to this one later…)! We must understand [believe, trust, accept, receive] that God’s grace is unconditional!! That is, once you accept that Jesus Christ is your Savior, He can never be your accuser!! Try Rom 5:8-10,15-17 and Gal 3 again for size. Jesus took all God’s wrath [cup] on Him (1 Thess 5:9).
- When God asked Adam where he was, Adam declared his map shift. Note Adam did not repent, but merely stated that they [discovered they] were not clothed by Him. The results were noticeable, were they not? Note that John the Baptist required repentance (Mt 3:7-9). Yes, Jesus Christ had Himself baptized (immersed) into this repentance! Why? Jesus had no sin [wrongful deeds, the result of sin, Jn 16:9] to repent to. Yet, Jesus was a bar-mitsvâh (son of the law, for a little while to legally [!] represent us – without eating from that tree!). Then, about 18 years later, after having grown in stature (Word-Knowledge), Jesus was immersed unto the baptism of repentance (Acts 13:24,25; 10:37,38; 18:25). Did Jesus change His mind from the law unto only following the Voice of His Father (Jn 5:19; Lk 2:49-50; Jn 2:19-22; 1 Cor 3:16; Rom 6:14; 7:4,6; and so on) and thus produce the fruit of it? So when Jesus came up out of that river (Rev 22:1; Jn 7:38), Holy Spirit was seen descending unto Him like a dove (symbol of eating only what is clean, Mt 10:16), and the Voice said, “this is My Son, My Beloved, in Whom I delight”! (Mt 3:17; Ps 2:7; Is 42:1; Jn 12:28; 1 Jn 5:10-15). Jesus died to the law (Rom 6). First Jesus was the Son of Man (through Maria), then of the law, then Of God, then He ascended as Lord of lords. Jesus Christ is both Son of Man and Son of God indeed. Jesus demonstrated dying to the law (Gal 2:19-21). This is His good news, to be one with Him again, hallowing His Name, then His kingdom will [can] come, His will be done… on earth… It is to not be double-minded (Js 1:6-8) by trying to follow Jesus whilst simultaneously trying to follow the law [self-righteousness] or powerless teachings of men.
- Well, reading Mt 3:14-17 again (Acts 19:3,4), then Heb 5:13-6:4; understand that Jesus submitted Himself unto Holy Spirit (The river of Rev 22:1 that flows through Jn 7:38; Is 60:14; Mt 5:14) and so declared Himself dead to the law (idea of self-righteousness), and then became the Son of God (Rom 8:14; Mt 3:17). After 18 years studying the Torah and in His conversations with His Father, Holy Spirit (Lk 1:35-38; Jn 1:14; 4:24), Jesus chose to follow His Father only and not man (like Moses, and especially not the manipulative religious play-actors, the fig tree He later cursed. Now a deeper insight into the words of protection coming from Jesus in Mt 18:6 opens up (Remember He has been there, under their training, Heb 4:16…); then of course also Jn 10; and Mt 23….
- Check out these words [when reading bar-’ěnôwsh, became bar-mitsvâh; became bar-Yehôvâh]:
Bar  means a son that is heir (think of Heb 9; Jn 17:2-5,15-24).
Bar  is a son corresponding to  a builder of a family name (Heb 2:10,11), a branch.
Yehôvâh  Self-existent or eternal Lord God. See Jn 5:26-27,37-47; Mt 3:17.
Tsûwr  a rock or boulder, a refuge, x mighty God (one), x sharp, x strong
This Rock was indeed not made by human hands (Dan 2:45; Gen 49:24; 1 Cor 10:4; Rev 6:16!!). Now again try and digest Mk 11:23 [this time in context]! Do you get it? (Gal 4:25)…
- If you try and follow the law [to save yourself, or to keep yourself saved], you do not need Jesus Christ. Then God has made a universal blunder to offer Jn 3:16. יěnâsh  means whosoever…
- This law will soon shut your idea of self-righteousness [law] up (Gal 3:19). [The letter of] the law can only minister death (2 Cor 3:6-16; Heb 7:19). There is no mercy in law!
- Often, people refer to a “sport-world”, “advertising-world”, “entertainment-world”; and then fail to see Jesus [and N.T. text] refers to a Jewish “law-world” (Gal 3:27-29; Rom 3:9; 10:12,13).
- The Jesus of Col 1:15-17; Jn 1:1-3; is the Jesus [Lord, owner] of Ps 24:1, but certainly not the world of the law. Are you ready for revelation knowledge?
- Just be patient, and carefully read in “world”, “the world of law (self-righteousness)” in the following Scriptures, to name a few… Ps 17:14; even 49:1; Mt 12:32; 13:22,40; 18:7; 24:14,21; 26:13; Mk 4:19; 14:9; Lk 11:50; 16:8; 20:34; Jn 4:42; 6:14,51; 8:23; 11:9; 12:31; 13:1; 14:30; 16:11; 17:15-26; 18:36,37; Acts 19:27; 24:5; Rom 12:2; 1 Cor 1:20; 2:6,8; 3:19; 4:13; 5:10; 7:31; 2 Cor 1:12; 4:4 (god of this world = law); Eph 2:2; 6:12; 1 Tim 1:15; Js 2:5; 1 Jn 3:8,17; 4:3,9,17; 5:4; Rev 11:15. Do you now see 1 Jn 4:4 and Js 4:4 tie in with Rom 10:4; 12:2 and 1 Jn 2:4?
- See Rom 10:2-4. Do you know that the end of that world [era] had come when Jesus was crucified as the perfect Lamb of God (Heb 1:2; 9:26; Gal 1:4; 4:4)? Have you seen Acts 7:45c with Jer 3:14-17, and that the Church of Christ is Zion, Is 60:14; 1 Pet 2:4-10; Mt 5:14? Also 1 Jn 2:18,22,26…
- Are you talking after false preachers like a parrot that the end of the [that] world must still come? Is that why they are powerless and deny signs, miracles and wonders, saying “it was only for Jesus’ time” or “when Jesus lived”! (1 Cor 15:4)? Heb 13:8; Mk 16:17-18; Mt 10:8 (Jn 17:20; 1 Jn 4:4)?
- Now look at 1 Jn 3:8. What did Jesus come to do – and succeed in (Col 2:15; Jn 19:30; Rev 16:17)?
- Look around you – is sin still here? If you see (Jn 3:3) that the world you are looking at, is really those full of self-righteousness and blinded by it [the law – 2 Cor 3-4]! Think about it.
- Jesus came to end that world, the world of thinking we can save ourselves by attending ceremonies, that we are OK, or that we can keep ourselves saved (Gal 3:1-29; Col 1:17); and remember Rom 3:23 continues to v. 24-28. Also that v 31, “like living the law” is as a result [outflow] of Rom 8:14.
- Yes, Jesus saved you from yourself. But alas, if you stubbornly want to rely on self in any way, shape, or form, you doom yourself and those around you (2 Cor 3:13-17). Understand Jn 4:20-24 points to Rom 8:14. Jn 1:12 is saying that you must follow Jesus, not the law, to be a son of God [mature enough to have dominion over flesh in this world]! Try Eph 4:11-15 again.
- Jn 3:16 is not saying you cannot be a son [child] of God as well, it says only Jesus could enter the natural realm as God, rightfully representing man in all ways, then pay for all our sin in all eternity with His blood, offering eternal Life to His believers, and bring many sons to glory as the first born of many like Him (Heb 2:9-13; Jn 14:12-15, “commandments” = “teachings”, “precepts”, words of Jesus Christ).
- Note that angels presented the law, Heb 2:2; Gal 3:19; Acts 7:38,53) and that Mary (through whom Jesus entered) was under the law for a little while (Heb 2:7), then see v 8 and Rom 8:19; Heb 1:5,14.
- Try Heb 8:13; 9:8,26; Rom 10:4 again. [Paul in] Heb 9:5b was saying we as re-born [following Jesus and His Christ, Holy Spirit, not Moses and the law], cannot go into detail about these old [law-things, tabernacle-system] anymore! He was probably reminded by Jer 3:14-17, and understood Is 60:14 (51:16) and Mt 5:14 with 1 Pet 2:4-10.
- Paul understood that the place Jesus prepared (Jn 14:1-2, note v. 1 with Rom 10:2-4), was mentioned later in Jn 14:23-26. Yes, 1 Cor 3:16; 6:19,20; Heb 9:24!
- Now see 2 Cor 6:14 make more sense? Often “law” or “commandments” actually means “precepts”, “teachings” of Jesus Christ (Heb 7:19; Gal 3:8,19; 2 Cor 3:6,7; and so on)
So what is this bottom line? This is: believers in Jesus Christ do not follow the 10 commandments! It “follows” them, 1 Jn 3:4-10; Mk 16:17-20. We are not under the law, neither above it, but outside it!
So, can we digest Jn 11:26 already? Perhaps not, but perhaps soon? How do we then – fully – trust the Lord? Soon?… Are you waiting to first see others continue to live? Consider Heb 11:1,6. Surprised?
Perhaps you can now read other meditations such as “mixing the old and the new”, “Genesis to revelation”, “The gospel”, “The Testimony”, and so on and see what the author of these have seen a glimpse of – The whole Bible is indeed one, unfolding, progressive revelation of Jesus Christ. Results follow.
It is all about Jesus Christ, the Author and Finisher of our faith. Not Moses, the 10 commandments, and your own doing [or failure to do]. Confused? Don’t be! Believe Jesus the Christ of God! Trust Him!
Carefully contemplate the following: Jn 5:37-47; 7:14-19; 8:31-59; the whole book of Galatians (Ampl), pausing at Gal 1:6-8; 2:4-6,13-3:5,8-14,19; 4:1-7,21-31; and so on. Gal 6:7,8 speaks of the flesh vs Spirit of God, law vs Christ in you as your righteousness (2 Cor 10:5), understanding Jer 29:8-13…
See who are the thieves (Jn 10:1-10; 2 Cor 11:7-15; Gal 2:4 Ampl).
Now think of Is 5:18-20; Heb 6:17-19; Rev 21:24-27. No falsehood enters the kingdom of God on earth!
Yes, Jesus will return in His glorified body and give us incorruptible glorified bodies (1 Thess 4), but realize that we are also His Spiritual Body, His glory, on earth – if in Him. See Eph 1:14-21 (generations imply earth, Mt 22:29-32); 1 Pet 2:4-10; Is 60:14; Mt 5:14; and so on. See Jn 3:3?…
You can be saved [die, go to heaven, and come back here with Jesus to join those who remain), but still not be in His kingdom here on this earth in this life [that belongs to Him, Ps 24:1]. See it (Jn 3:3)?…
Those in heaven have lost their bodies, and Jesus is going to bring them back to earth and give them their bodies back right here! You are still here and still have your body, why do you want to loose it and say you are more than a conqueror? You only confuse the unbelievers more. 1 Cor 15:26; Heb 10:13; Ps 102:18-28; 118 (note especially vs 8,17,18)… How big is He to you?… Paul knew (2 Tim 1:10-12)… But it was not the appointed time yet, prophecies had to be fulfilled still, and they were prophesying too
What did Jesus say in Lk 12:32; 17:20-21? Jesus taught on the kingdom on earth (Mt 12:25!), over and over and over again, especially after His resurrection. This was His ministry. He brought the personal relationship with Father back to us here on earth. He alone (1 Tim 2:5; 2 Cor 5:17-21), so heaven and earth can agree again (Mt 18:19; 6;9,10 and Ps 118:24 was that day on His cross, 1 Cor 1:23-2:2)!
If we preach, teach, or confess otherwise, we practice falsehood, and do not bear the fruit (words) Jesus did (Mt 7:19-24; 12:30-37). Jesus demonstrated how to be a Son of God, and how God is a Father to us (Rom 8:14-15; 2 Cor 6:18). He did not give us a Spirit of timidity and fear (2 Tim 1:7-12; Rom 1:16,17) that can only follow the popular broad way (religion, tradition, rituals, ceremony). So, speak His Truth.
May you be blessed abundantly in the grace, mercy and loving-kindness of our Lord and Savior and best Friend, Jesus Christ… by following His teaching, His Word, His Truth – Himself. Power, Glory, Light….Life everlasting. Not a lesser after-life, but a victorious lasting Life (Mt 19:26; Lk 1:37; Jn 11:26). Be honest like those Beroeans, to open up to His Truth (Acts 17:10,11) and get Eph 1 (Ampl).
Think about 2 Tim 3:16-17 and read; but then meet… meet the Jesus [God] that the Book is about!
Life – as you knew [perceived] it – will not be the same again. It will be an inheritance and it will last.
Peace and joy to you!
 Christos [Gr], Messiah [Heb], means “anointed of God”. See Jn 14:9-15; 17:15-17; Heb 2:8-11; 10:14…
 Gen 3:14; Job 4:19; Is 52:2; Mt 10:13,14; Lk 10:8-12; Acts 13:50,51; 1 Cor 2:2,5-9; Ps 102:14.
 Jn; 1:8-17; 18:34-38; 19:6,7,12-18; Mt 21:42-43. The Jews crucified [rejected] Jesus, the Romans handed Him over to them, the Jewish religious leaders who had Him crucified with their temple guards (Acts 2:22,23,36-41; 3:12-21; 4:1-2…). Note how Paul (Saul, the ex-Pharisee), distant himself from them – Acts 26:1,12-18; Rom 9…
 Not over people, but nature and flesh (Rom 8). Gen 1:26-28 has no people in that list [to rule]. God is Love, and Love does not manipulate, witchcraft does. False teachers are thieves that steal and destroy [grace, mercy, sonship of God’s people – those who can only come to Him through His Son Jesus Christ, not themselves following religion].
 Heb 8:13; 9:11,26; Rom 10:4; Gal 1:4-12; 4:1-7,19-31; Acts 7:44-53; Col 1:11-22; 2:9-10; and so on
 Jesus addressed Mary [declared] on the cross, saying [you are a] woman, not a “mother of God” – Jn 19:25-27. See Jesus’ words in Lk 11:27-28 and compare this blessing with Jael in Judges 5:24.
 Remember the prophecies [like Zech 6:12; Jer 23:5-8; 33:15; Is 11:1] and that Nazareth means branch (Lk 1:26).
 Think of Esau, Edom/Edomites (all “red”) and Is 1:18; Heb 8:12; Rev 12:11..
 Also Gal 4:21-31, connecting with the children of promise (Gen 22:17); some like stars (Num 24:17; Judges 5:20; Job 25:5; Dan 12:3; Rev 12:1), and the others like dust (Gen 3:14; Job 4:19; Is 52:2; Mt 10:13,14; Lk 10:8-12; Acts 13:50-51; 1 Cor 2:2,5-9; Ps 102:14). Some from above [in Christ], others from below [in self-righteous law, the devil].