Please read this paper with an open heart – to its end – and then only make your conclusion.
Consider seriously and prayerfully the fatal error to talk of authority in God’s Kingdom [on earth] but under the illusion of a false idea. Ponder the analogy of a man waiting for a bus to get to work (office), but without the knowledge that the only bus that day has already passed. We should therefore be very alert to pointers such as “the end of the world” (Heb 9:26 KJV) or the “consummation and close of the ages” (Heb 9:26 Ampl) when Jesus Christ was crucified!… or “come to pass in the last days” (Acts 2:17) as prophesied via Joel (2:28-32)… Observe thus, regarding this authority in Christ (Phil 4:13?), that we can do nothing without Jesus Christ (Jn 15:5), who has, once for all… (Heb 10:12-14; Jn 19:30…)… Let’s consider this, shall we?
Note that The Gospel of Jesus Christ (refer to the paper so entitled), is not about our selfish escape and a final destination in space somewhere (heaven) and to hell with the rest! It is about a Life transformed with Christ [Holy Spirit] inside of us here on earth in His authority and victory (over the old self-righteous and self-centred nature) and to be restored again to God’s image (Jn 17:15-20). Now, God is Love. So we should live this perfect love (1 Cor 13; without offense, hurt, needs…) out to other on this planet. Contemplate just 1 Jn 4:17. We have the Good News that we don’t have to go to heaven, but that God paid a ridiculous generous price so that heaven could come to [abide in] us!
In order to take special objective cognizance of also Jer 6:17; Mt 13:9-17; Mk 8:18; Acts 28:27-28, read this whole paper in its entirety.
But, let’s start again and go through this carefully, shall we?
Contrary to the rapture theory, does the Bible say the following:
- The New Testament offers a lasting glory (as opposed to the OT passing glories) – on earth.
- The Church has the commission to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ, not Jews (Mt 28:18,19; Jn 17:20; 1 Sam 2:30; Amos 8:2; Mt 21:42-43)
- We are to be more than conquerors with Christ inside of us (Phil 4:13; Rom 8:31,37; etc.) on earth.
- Then Jesus will return with the departed souls to those of us who remain (1 Cor 15:51; 1 Thess 4:15)
- This will happen in a moment, not over seven years (1 Cor 15:51,52).
- The seven years rapture preachers allocate to the future have been fulfilled. (See no. 2 below).
We will look at this in closer detail further on. For now, please patiently consider the following first…
- Remember that God had a need to manifest in a Man’s body in Jesus Christ; the devil has no need or sense to manifest in [one single] man’s body; i.e. God had a coming in the flesh; the devil has no coming in the flesh, and certainly not more awe-inspiring than that of Christ! What did John (1 Jn 4:3) say in 85-95 A.D. already about the anti-christ?
- Nowhere in the Bible will we find that God ever gave (a) vague prophecies like the psychics of the world do (even Nostradamus and Da Vinci included that were often wrong), always rationalizing [by prognosticators] in hindsight how “detail” were predicted correctly; or (b) un-fulfilled prophecies like false [worldly] men have done ad nausea (and repeatedly get away with it, capitalizing on ignorance and fear, when “Christians” keep buying their novels). All Biblical period-prophecies were fulfilled exactly as God foretold in His Word, never was there any gap of undetermined length; it is therefore highly unlikely that Daniel 9:24-27 has such a gap. The reader may be astonished to realize that those critical 7 years can be perfectly explained as having happened between Jn 1:50-51; Mt 3:16-17 [+ 3.5 years to] Jn 3:15-20 [+ 3.5 years to] Acts 7:54-59. Then, in 70 A.D. Jerusalem was destroyed just as Jesus foretold, while those people that heard/saw Him speak it were still alive (Mt 24:34).
- Mt 13 and Mk 4 is crucial for this understanding (Mt 13:11—18). Compare Mt 13:35,39,40 and Mt 24:3 with Heb 9:26. VERY carefully – and prayerfully – contemplate Mt 13:24-30. Note in v 25 that the man [church-goers?] was sleeping. These seed-principle(s) by Jesus is crucial to understanding His Kingdom on earth. See Mt 6:10; 13:57-58; Mk 4:3,13; Lk 17:20,21; Jn 3:3 and Eph 5:5 for God’s Kingdom in Christ on earth! There are more and will be discussed as we progress through this paper.
- Revelation, the book, was written specifically to seven churches in Asia (modern Turkey). Its purpose was to uncover or reveal “things which must shortly come to pass” Rev 1:1, 3; 22:6,10. There are possibilities for future application and will be discussed in this paper; but it is clearly highly plausible that John was given the revelation [by Jesus Himself] of what happened on Jesus’ cross by inviting John to – then, on Patmos – come [back] “up here” [in the Spiritual, eternal, timeless realm] to see what was for the Old Covenantal people soon to happen; and for them in that first century shortly after, a fresh insight and reminder. This more than likely then, refers to what happened on the cross of Jesus Christ – a most momentous event in history. John was told, “Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand” (Rev 22:10). Compare with Dan 8:26, where Daniel was told to “seal up”his vision, “for it refers to many days in the future”. Yet we know that his vision of Daniel was fulfilled within several hundred years. John, however, was told “do not seal” what he had seen, “for the time is at hand”.How could this be, if the bulk of Revelation refers to what has yet to occur for us two thousand years later? This is a problem with the “futurist” view, which places primary fulfillment of the book Revelation thousands of years since its completion. It is very plausible that the first century Christians were told the things described in Revelation and so explained what for OT people had “shortly come to pass”, which should have comforted them that it had happened [was provided for] between the cross and resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ. But according to the “futurist” view, it has been 2000 years and much of the book has yet to be fulfilled! Is something “soon come to pass” when in reality it will be 4000 years before it does? The same writer John, gave us Rev 16:17 and then Jn 19:30 (Jn 17:15-20)!… Also, compare Rev 3:8; 4:1 to John 10:7-10 (Acts 4:12). Again, by the very John who penned the book John about 65 years after the book Revelation. Furthermore, Daniel was appointed over the magos (Dan 2:46-49; 5:11; 6:3, 23-28) and so played his role in fulfilled prophecy (Dan 2:44; 7:13-18) – Jn 19:30 (Remember John penned Rev 16:17 before Jn 19:30). But, contemplate Rev 22:16 with Is 11:1-10; Jn 3:10-15; 12:32-33. This is profound. We thus read, and find, yet another golden thread in this magnificent Book (See the paper “The Bible” for an explanation), and so can connect the following scriptures: Num 24:17; Judges 5:20; Job 25:5; 38:7; Is 4:2; Dan 12:3; Amos 5:26; Mt 2:2-10,23; Jn 6:27; 1 Cor 15:41; 2 Pet 1:19; Rev 2:1,28; 5:5; 8:10-11; 9:1; 12:1; 22:16. (By the way, note how the light blue “Star of David” on the Jewish flag today, is mentioned in Acts 7:43!) The fulfilled [finished] prophecy of the Messiah Jesus Christ on the cross therefore makes it highly probable that it means that the Book Revelation is in fact about what had happened on and due to Jesus’ blood-sacrifice on His cross! This correlates perfectly with scriptures such as Col 1:13-20; 3:1-4; Eph 1:3-23; 1 Pet 1:3; 2 Pet 2:24; 1 Thess 5:9 ; and so on.
- According to Heb 8:13; and 9:16-18 – John the Baptist, and Jesus’ words in John 14 were still addressing OT people! Now we should take care to not be fast asleep (Mt 13:25) and powerless by relegating to the uncertain future what was provided 2 000 years ago; and then by false doctrines like darnel spread by “angels”. Carefully consider Gal 1:6-9. Note then that the “angels” in Mt 13:39 are (G32) ἄγγελος, aggelos, from ἀγγέλλω aggellō, a messenger; especially an “angel”; by implication a pastor: – angel, messenger. (probably derived from G71, ἄγω, agō, a primary verb; properly to lead; by implication to bring, drive, or (figuratively) induce: – be, bring (forth), carry, (let) go, keep, lead away; to bring tidings). The “rapture” teaching originated only since the 1850’s. Again, consider Eph 1:3; Gal 1:6-9; 2 Tim 4:2-4 and 2 Cor 10: 5-7!
This whole issue is actually about the prophecy of Daniel 9:24-27 and will be addressed in more detail as we progress through this discussion. It is illogical and irrational to have a gap at a random point in a period-prophecy; even more so if this “gap” is of undetermined length as the ‘rapture-preachers’ propose (their first supposed 2000 year ‘gap’ has come and gone anyway)! Any ‘gap’ will contradict the period given for the period would then have been simply stipulated longer, not so? It is no surprise then, that nowhere in any of the period-prophecies in the Bible you’ll find any gap, all periods were continuous and uninterrupted without the illogical need to stretch a part of it to suit the interpreter’s [lack of] perception/observation.
So, are we waiting on Jesus to give us authority? Then we must feel that we’ve attained Eph 4:13-15; Heb 2:8; Rom 8:17…? Just say, that while we are – in ignorance – thinking we are waiting on Him; is it actually Him waiting on us (Heb 10:13; 2 Pet 3:9)! Who is the Source of righteousness? Are we really waiting on God to act, or is He waiting on us to start believing Him, to give more weight to His Words than that of men building their own empires and selling novels with twisted theories and tales of intimidation through fear? Please put offense aside [self-consciousness and self-righteousness], this is not meant as an insult (that would at any rate be empty if unjustified) – this is a humble (Rom 3:3,4) attempt to get to Jn 8:32,36; 14:6…
Jesus Christ is our Savior, He is not going to save us. We are supposed to be in an I AMmode, not a become mode. He has transferred us (Col 1:13-17)… In Him we are more than conquerors (Rom 8:29-39)!
What are you and I defending? Who do we believe? We have to look at Jesus (Heb 12:2; Mt 15:8-9), at the only Truth that unquestionably sets free indeed. Let us calmly and openly hear His Spirit Word.
If you are following those that are counting down on a “doomsday clock”, consider Rom 13:12; and Col 1:9-13; and Jesus in Jn 17:15-20. Let us get past foundational teachings and move to perfection (Heb 6). You cannot count down to a “midnight”, if you don’t know exactly when “midnight” is, can you?…
There was a war, and Jesus won (Col 2:15). Hear Jesus in Jn 16:33; 17:15,19-26. The Church [Body] of Jesus Christ, is supposed to be strong and growing, not weak and escaping (Mt 16:18,19). Jesus sent His Holy Spirit to empower His Church so that we can overcome all with Him inside us.
Let us please check ourselves for spiritual blindness and pride; for defending ideas, before we continue to look at this teaching again very carefully. Open yourself up to the Spirit of God, and dare to read this paper to the end with an open heart. Check it with your Bible, and with Jesus.
Listen to Jesus Christ in Mt 24:37-39. See two groups of people: those with ears to hear His teaching [words] and then those twisting [wicker] His words and choose to not follow His teachings. This was the same with Abraham, Lot and those who ignored their words. Note also, that God was from the beginning saying He will be a Father to a people and they will be children to Him, and He calls them Zion (Is 60:14; Mt 5:14). The “field” in these verses following speaks of servants, and the “mill” of those working [in His kingdom on earth]. There are referrals to two comings, so let us look at what Jesus said (Jn 1:11).
Who will be removed?
Contemplate Jer 23:16-25; 24:5-7 with Jn 17:15,20; Phil 4:13; Rom 8:29-39; also Prov 2:21,22; 10:30…
Don’t resist Holy Spirit and the Truth of God in His Word!
Many “Christians” stubbornly refuse to let the Bible get in the way of what they believe (Mk 7:12; 12:24).
Similarly, Num 16:26 relates about ignorant hearers that were removed from the congregation. The wise follow [trusts in, cling to] Jesus Christ (Gal 3:8), and the fools scoff at Him and take offense. Hear Jesus in Lk 17:25-30. For at least 120 years the ignorant ignored Noah’s preaching. Then God removed the wicked from the earth and the saints remained to rule on earth. If the meek are gone, what will happen on earth (Mt 5:5)? Check your Bible and see who are removed and who remains – to rule. This is what a kingdom is about. Now if Ps 24:1 and Rev 1:5-6; 5:9-10; and Lk 12:32; 17:21; Jn 19:30 and – from the same writer some years prior – Rev 16:17; are all true, the “rapture” novels are in direct conflict. Note we are comparing Scripture to novels of men! Carefully consider 1 Tim 1:4; 4:7; 2 Tim 4:3,4; Tit 1:15-2:1; and 2 Pet 1:3,8,15-21. Have you checked all the false predictions of previous “rapture” preachers? Amazing!
Also, Is 54:1-9. Here God said that He would not be angry with His church (v. 9-10). Now this refers to Gal 4:19-31. Read it, contemplate it. Amazingly clear, is it not? One group follows Jesus Christ, the other follows Moses or “self” (Jn 1:17; 9:28). Note Jesus’ warning [guidance] in Mk 4:13. If you want to understand all Jesus’ parables, understand the Seed principles. This teaching of how His kingdom works. But let’s start again…
Taken from the paper called “Myths and Legends”, as an introductory summary, as a brief outline, let’s consider just the following basics for a start: (Don’t “defend” changing erroneous teachings with pride).
(a) A few claims rapture preachers make.
- There is a gap [of 2000 years] between Daniel’s 69th and 70th week in Dan 9:24-27.
- The devil has a coming in the flesh as an anti-Christ that is more awe-inspiring than the one God had as the Messiah – and Savior – Jesus Christ.
- Jesus will return in stages, and the first will be a secret removal of His saints from earth.
- It is more about our going than His coming.
- Holy Spirit will remove Himself from earth and those that then repent [without Him] will be saved as a result of blood that will flow from a huge battle between good and bad. More blood will physically flow than all people on earth have in their veins combined.
- 144 000 Jewish priests will convert all Jews to Christianity without the aid of Holy Spirit. Have a quick look at Amos 8:2; 1 Sam 2:30; Mt 21:43. Now think about it. Please read on.
- In desperation for proof, some claim Enoch was a fore-shadow of being “raptured” to be saved from the flood. Well, a few questions here; (a) Enoch disappeared 3 020 BC, and the flood happened 2 349 BC (671 years later), not exactly a close shave! This misses completely the point made in Heb 11:5 (see the paper called “The Testimony” by this author). Then, (b) what about Elijah – was he “raptured” post-flood about 1 400 years after the flood?? And, (c) what about the eight on the ark- was Enoch a pre-pre-rapture with Noah and co. a “rapture”???
So, basically the Rapture theory suggests the following:
- The Church will [need to] be suspended above earth for a period [of seven years]
- This while a big and bloody war rages beneath on earth with no church or Holy Spirit present
- Jews will save Jews (bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to their kind who had rejected Him)
- Then the church will drop down (or stay up) for ever
Contrary to this, the Bible says the following:
- The New Testament offers a lasting glory (as opposed to the OT passing glories) – on earth
- The Church has the commission to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ, not Jews (Mt 28:18,19; Jn 17:20)
- We are to be more than conquerors with Christ inside of us (Phil 4:13; Rom 8:31,37; etc.)
- Then Jesus will return with the departed souls to those of us who remain (1 Cor 15:51; 1 Thess 4:15)
- This will happen in a moment, not over seven years (1 Cor 15:51,52)
(b) What Jesus (the Bible) says.
- Nowhere in the Bible and its fulfilled prophecies do we find gaps in these prophecies. The 2 000 years have since come and gone anyway, as did numerous false predictions of the “Armageddon” and its anti-Christ – without any apology from its prognosticators or recognition of this hoax by the suckers that fell [repeatedly] for their bogus theology.
- “To the increase in His kingdom there will be no end [interruption]” – Is 9:7; Dan 7:18. Mt 22:29-32 and Lk 17:20-21 makes this kingdom likely to be right here and right now.
- Jesus’ return as Lord of Lords will be no secret affair. Also, Acts 1:8-11…
- The wicked will be removed from the earth, the meek will inherit it. Are the meek then not saints and will they be left here on earth on their lonesome? Jesus said Jn 17:15-26. Try again 1 Cor 10:26; Mt 5:5; Rom 8:14-17; Eph 2:4-15; Heb 9:11,12,14,17,24; 10:14…
- “Taken up” actually means “absorbed into”. The earth is round. “Up” is not a vertical distance dispersing all saints omni-directional into space, but a higher Spiritual realm. It is invisible to the natural senses but very real (Heb 12:1,2; 1 Cor 2:12-16; 3:17-23).
- No one gets saved on his own or by his own [fellow human] effort or blood (Jn 14:6, 26).
- As a short comment on Jn 14, observe (i) We must believe Jesus Christ’s teachings and not merely “believe there is a God” (verse 1) neither compare Scripture to novels of men; (ii) Jesus was concluding the OT still talking to OT people in the OT time (Heb 7:12; 8:13; 9:8,11,14,16,17,26). The NT started at the soonest at Jn 19:30 (Heb 9:16,17; Rev 16:17); (iii) This means that the place Jesus was going to prepare [pay for with His Blood] was in us so that He can come indwell [also] inside of us here on earth (Jn 14:23-26; 1 Cor 6:19,20; Rev 21:3). We should contemplate Is 60:14; Mt 5:14; 1 Tim 3:15; and 1 Pet 2:1-10; (iv) If Jesus prepared this place so that we could get all we ask for in prayer, ask yourself what you want to pray for in a city floating in heaven (with no bodies to be healed). Obviously Jesus was referring to what we [remaining, as in 1 Thess 4:15; 5:23; Heb 11:40] should be empowered to do by Him right here on earth (Jn 14:12-18 and Jn 3:16; 11:26).
(c) What His story (history) revealed is actually rather exiting. We can at least try and be honest enough to acknowledge the following few facts from accurate and credible documented sources:
- The Messiah has come as Jesus Christ over 2 000 years ago; sent not created (Col 1:13-23), born as a Man, crucified, resurrected and ascended as our maximum authority [Lord]
- Seven years lapsed from His Baptism [as Son of God, Mt 3:14-17, in AD 27-34] until Stephen was stoned (Acts 7). From Jesus’ Baptism to His crucifixion 3.5 years lapsed and from His crucifixion to Stephen’s stoning was 3.5 years. i.e. Part of the prophecy of Dan 9:27 was fulfilled in Acts 7:56 in this sense: 3.5 years lapsed from Jn 1:29-36,51 to Jn 19:30 and then 3.5 years from Jn 19:30 to Acts 7:56 [7 years from Jn 1:51 to Acts 7:56]; Then, in 70 AD the 40 years of “this generation” [from Jesus’ crucifixion to the destruction of Jerusalem, Ad 31-70] parallel the 40 years that Israel wandered in the wilderness (Ex 16:35; Num 14:33,34; Dt 8:2). Just as the OT people provoked the Lord with their unbelief, so Judaism stubbornly resisted the Truth, having refused the Messiah (Jn 1:11). Carefully study Mt 21:32-46; Gal 4:21-31. Have you thought about Paul’s warning in Gal 2:4-6,13-16?
- History aside, the Bible, the infallible Word of the Living God (1 Tim 3:16,17; Gal 1:6-12), the only legitimate rule of faith and practice, is the Truth (Jn 17:17). Know it and consume it and you will really be free (Jn 8:31,32,36).
If you believe the rapture doctrine, and then that Holy Spirit will remove Himself from the earth prior to a great tribulation period (yet to come), that lots of blood of man will flow, and that those who were not raptured, will then be saved by their repentance; your theology is fatally flawed for at least the following:
(1) No one gets saved without Holy Spirit or by any blood other than that of Jesus Christ
(2) Jesus was born King and to the increase of His kingdom – on earth – there is no end [interruption] – Isaiah 2:2,3; 9:7; Mic 4:1-3; Is 60:14; Mt 5:14?….
(3) You need to again study history, especially the period –4 to70 A.D., but this time for yourself.
(4) You might be waiting for something that has already happened. Not the return of Jesus with the saints, but the “fullness of time” (“the day of the Lord”) when Jesus gave Himself at the cross as our redeeming sacrifice, when the world of the law (system of self-righteous attempts, external rituals, traditions and ceremony, i.e. religion) ended for good as a means to attempt obtaining favour with God [being paid for, and complied with on behalf of all humans in full, once for all by Jesus Christ – without following the law, but instead following His Father only, thus 1 Cor 15:45]. We must now represent what Jesus Christ came to present (Jn 17:18,20; 20:20; Mt 10:8; 28:19-20; Heb 2:8-12). He was the express image of the Father (Jn 14:9; Col 1:13-29)! Prayerfully contemplate again Scriptures such as Jn 17:15-26; Eph 4:4-16; Rom 8:19-31 for a start. Then consider links such as Amos 8:9 with Mt 27:43; Amos 8:2 with Heb 9:26; and Rev 16:17 after which John recorded Jn 19:30 having been at Jesus’ cross then… now reconsider this special day of all days in Ps 118:24…
(5) That temple (building) will not be rebuilt, no sacrifices will be acceptable again (Heb 10:14). The body of the follower of Christ is His temple (1 Cor 6:19-20), and His Spiritual Body corporate. Believers are not necessarily followers. Think carefully of Gal 4:22-31; Mt 21:42-46; Js 2:19-26…
(6) God is raising up His church [His Body, His Bride, Zion, Is 60:14; Mt 5:14; Rev 1:5,6; 5:9,10], maturing her to rule on earth [have dominion], not removing her! Read your Bible, not dogma. Think about Scriptures like Jn 17:15,20; Phil 4:13; Rom 8:37; and so on. We will discuss them later in context, but for now, you are not supposed to be weak and pathetic and “raptured” (escape tribulation), you are supposed to manifest as a mature son of God to demonstrate His glory [His power, His anointing] so that Jesus can return in exactly this – His glory: you ruling on earth!
(7) Jesus’ second coming is not a secret, staged affair, and the “rapture” proposes more than two!
Searching Scriptures where “remain” and “remove” occurs, you will find that the Bible repeatedly says that the wicked will be removed from the earth, and the meek will inherit it, remain, and dwell here forever (ex. Prov 2:21,22; Mt 5:5; 2 Pet 2:4-17 – confirmed by Jesus in Mt 24:37-40; also Ps 37!). The gloom and doom “rapture” preachers ignore Lk 2:10; Jn 17:15; and Jesus’ commission to preach His good news, instead these thieves (Jn 10; Jude) bring a gospel of a powerless church and fear – just like Acts 3:21-24 warned. See Dt 18:15 and research how many times these “end time” advocates have falsely predicted an “antichrist”… to never apologize for their fear-driven lies and un-Biblical novels sold as prophecies. These thieves have turned Scriptures Like Heb 12:27,28; Mt 24:37-40 upside down, it means the opposite of what they claim it says! Yes, friend, the wicked will be removed like in Noah’s time, the saints will remain!
Note at Mt 24:39-41. The word “taken” is from G3880 παραλαμβάνω (paralambanō) from G3844 and G2983; to receive near, that is, associate with oneself (in any familiar or intimate act or relation); by analogy to assume an office; and the word “left” is from G863 ἀφίημι (aphiēmi) from G575 and ἵημι (hiēmi) that, in context, implies to be forsaken, lay aside, omit, put (send) away, even destroyed. These four verses then harmonises with Jesus’ words in Mt 13:13-30. Observe that preachers of a secret “rapture” (that will leave “unbelievers” behind wondering where all the saints have suddenly and mysteriously disappeared to), have even the order exactly reversed from what Jesus explained and on this point alone disqualify their teaching! Jesus clearly said that with His second coming it will (i) be no secret affair and (ii) the wicked will be removed [destroyed] first and then those meek and righteous will be “left” behind [unscathed] to be with Jesus Christ always, with glorified bodies given back to those saved who have lost theirs first and then, in an instant, to those saved who “still remain” (1 Cor 15:51-58; 1 Jn 4:4)! The two groups will initially still be “next to each other” working together, playing together… the separation will be sudden but no secret affair.
Furthermore, consider the Words of Jesus Christ in Jn 7:37-39, and note words like the “final” day of the feast [of tabernacles], and that Jesus mention the Spirit those who believe Him would “afterward” receive. Now think about the Church history in Acts 13:29-41, and take special note of v. 32 and 33. Now look up how many times this phrase appears in the Bible : “ … and I will be their God and they will be My people…”; then read Rev 21:1-7; and Acts 2:1 (note the day of Pentecost “had fully come”) – 4. Now contemplate 2 Cor 5:17-21; Rom 8:1-3; Heb 9:26; 10:14, 19-23; and check out Rev 15:5,8 (for v. 6,7 read around Acts 13:19). Ask yourself, is the veil rent? Was Jesus glorified? Is heaven thrown open [can I approach the throne of grace – not judgement – and obtain mercy directly from the Father? Is He your Father and are you His son [like Jesus]? Is it or is it not? Has it happened already or has it not? Why did Paul say 1 Cor 1:23; and 2:2? What and where was John in the spirit [“taken up to”] in Rev 4:1 (Jn 10:9)? Do you understand Is 55 correctly (with Jn 7)? Yes, friend, God’s wrath was poured out on Jesus (I Thess 1:10; 5:9 reads with Rom 5:9-10; 8:29-37, that speaks of a daily deliverance as in Ps 23; 91, Heb 3:19-4:16 that is a here and now! Smoke in 2 Chron 5 filled the temple; but in Acts 2 God’s Spirit filled all of them)!
The historian Josephus records that in 70 A.D. a list of martyrs (for the gospel) started when Stephen was stoned. Also that three Jews, Eleazer, John, and Simon each had a part of Jerusalem that they desperately wanted to control which resulted in unparalleled bloodshed in that city. Simultaneously the Romans attacked Jerusalem but Titus is on record that the Romans did not want to destroy Jerusalem, but to only take it [by siege]. Every time the Romans attempted to enter Jerusalem, the three Jews [temporarily] stood together and kept the Romans out. Citizens were said to run on the wall shouting [pleading] “peace, peace”, while the three factions walled inside fought mercilessly until corpses were piled up in the streets. This continued until Titus had the three Jewish faction leaders captured and crucified. A fire ensued, and Titus is again on record saying that the fire was not started by the Romans (“was not by human hands”). In the fighting (Jews among themselves), the fire got out of hand and spread to their temple. Realizing their gold and silver were melting, the Jews literally left no two stones on top of another, in an attempt to retrieve the gold and silver. Suffice for now, to point to Mt 12:25; Jn 2:19-25; 1 Cor 3:16; 6:19-20; 2 Cor 6:16. The body of Christ is His church (Eph 1; Col 1). The church is His city on a hill, Zion, the heavenly Jerusalem – Is 60:14b; Mt 5:14; Gal 4:23-31; Heb 9:8. The true Israel – Amos 8:2; Mt 21:43-45; Acts 10:35; Rom 8:25,26; 9:7-9, 25,26; Eph 1:22-3:6,18-21; Rev 21; and so on. If you think you are a pilgrim, know you are already a citizen of heaven – if in Christ Jesus [not Moses], Eph 2:19! Now, let us then start again by looking at some foundational truths.
For a Biblical vision of the end of the [law] world: Heb 9:26; Gal 4:4-5; Col 1:20; 1 Cor 1:23; 2:2….
If you are bent on defending the rapture doctrine [regardless] with its doom and gloom and powerless church (Mt 16:24-28), then tear from your Bible the following verses, to name but a few: Mt 16:18; Phil 4:13; Rom 8:37; 1 Jn 4:4; 5:4; Acts 1:8,11; 1 Cor 15:57; Jn 14:1-2 (that points to v. 23,24-26!); 16:33 (Eph 2:6,19-20); 17:15,20; Heb 13:5b; Is 41:10; Rev 2:7,11,17,26; 3:5,12,17,21. Is Jesus King of kings, Lord of lords? Then what are you (Rev 5:9,10; 12:11; Rom 5:17; and so on)? If you are honest enough to see that that doctrine has a serious flaw, actually a fatal flaw, then read on. See who is leaving in Prov 10:30.
“If we say we are partakers together and enjoy fellowship with Him when we live and move and are walking about in darkness, we are [both] speaking falsely and do not live and practice the Truth [which the Gospel presents]. But if we [really] are living and walking in the Light, as He [Himself] is in the Light, we have [true, unbroken] fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses (removes) us from all sin and guilt [keeps us cleansed from sin in all its forms and manifestations]” – 1 Jn 1:6,7; Rom 6:6-11. Also, see 2 Tim 3:15; John 14:1; 16:9; Col 1:13
Reading Scripture such as Ps 24, and verses 4-6, you can see that to “stand in the Lord’s Holy Place”, we must seek Him and not lift ourselves up to a place of falsehood. Looking at Jn 20:20, the last word there, “joy” in the Amplified Bible is expanded to include the following meanings: delight, exultation, ecstasy, rapture. Note that concepts such as “taken up” and “rapture”, refers to a [spiritual, or emotional] state rather than a physical positioning. The Apostle Paul was “taken up” in the third heaven, whilst physically right next to his horse (2 Cor 12:2-4; Acts 9:3-8); so has Ezekial not left the planet whilst being “taken up” (Ez 36:26-28; 37), neither John on Patmos (Rev 4). When the Father spoke to Jesus some standing right next to Him were unable to hear (Jn 12:29). Do you hear His voice? Do you heed [follow] Him?
All time and eternity is irrevocably effected by what happened during those seven years (A.D. 27-34)! As deluded as he is, Satan is smarter than many “Christians”, he desperately attempts to keep Daniel 9:24-27 in obscurity. By relegating [only!] the seventieth week to the future, he has schemed to cover up [dilute] the greatest seven years of history (His-story, God’s story) – especially the crucifixion, death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the coming of Holy Spirit to empower the Church! The time of Daniel’s seventieth week is the time of all times, the time of Immanuel. No wonder the devil – in denial of his defeat (Col 2:15) – wants men to be confused or intimidated by this fulfilled prophecy (Gen 3:15). Remember Satan only has intimidation, as the father of all lies. The dispensational view based on Daniel 9:24-27 has been Satan’s best shot, a powerful weapon in his arsenal, desperately trying to keep the Church in messy diapers, afraid of a future tribulation with its antichrist, to keep their minds off Christ the Truth – i.e. that Jesus was made flesh; but now Satan the counterfeit wants Christians to live in fear [ignorance, unbelief] and fear him thinking he will come in the flesh! The devil wants God’s children to be disarmed (Col 2:15), thinking he has a coming, and even a greater and more awesome one than the coming of the Christ of God! But this is a ridiculous lie, Satan has no coming in the flesh – he uses thoughts. Is 54:13-17; 2 Cor 10:5?…
The opposite of Love (God) is not hate, but fear (2 Tim 1:7). Fear [distrust in Truth, Jesus] is of the devil. Any system of belief that is generated and maintained by a spirit of fear is not of the Lord. The sad implication of dispensationalism is that the Church is too weak to survive the demonic fury of a defeated foe! What happened to Phil 4:13, to name one Scripture? All seven churches in the Book of Revelation [of Jesus Christ, v 1 – note it’s not the revelation of the antichrist], have the promise of rewards for those “who endures to the end” (Rev 2:7,11,17,26; 3:5,12,21). Think about it! The basic weakness of dispensationalism is that it interprets the N.T. on the basis of the O.T., rather than viewing the O.T. in the light (Light) of the N.T. Essentially based on a difference between the Church and national Israel, this popular eschatological view declares: “The second coming of Christ in two stages. Before the tribulation period, He comes for the saints. Seven years later, He will come back with the saints…” Well, my Bible says Jesus will return [once] as He went, and His going did not happen in stages (Acts 1:9,11). The whole earth is waiting for the sons of God to manifest [show, prove, reveal] His glory… not shrink in fear!
Remember: The Bible is about His coming, not our going; it emphasizes the appearing of the Lord, not the disappearing of the saints! The Bible mentions us – Christ’s Church – being empowered by Holy Spirit to rule on earth to show God’s unbroken, uninterrupted Glory (Is 9:7; Heb 1:8; 1 Cor 15:25-28)!
Consider a few [of man’s] popular assumed perspectives and terminology:
1. Eschatology. From the Greek eschatos (Strong’s # 2078), which means “farthest, final (of place or time).” Vine adds, “utmost or extreme.” Eschatology is commonly understood to constitute the “doctrine of last things”, the branch of theology focusing upon prophetic events, the end times and the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Men have coined and created words to describe certain prophetic views. Each has its own set of baggage. Quite frankly, pointing them out, possibly will obstruct the purpose of this writing (to un-clatter the nonsense and look at basic Bible truths). First, we must not feed the universal frenzy of religious people. Any open-hearted person who read this along with his Bible can see the Scriptures do not support the views of Darby, Scofield, and Larkin. Dispensationalism with Larkin’s chart is incomplete, but for the whole truth regarding to “end-time events”, remember that school is not out yet. Secondly, it must be pointed out that each of these fear-driven eschatological perspectives contain beliefs and ideas that may or may not be [in part] true to the word of God. Each has become a camp or stream. But they all defy Jesus’ words in Mt 10:22; 24:12,13: “… but he who endures to the end will be saved…” And this saving is to have eternal Life in Christ Jesus (Rom 8:1-3), not “to be removed”. We proclaim the good news [Gospel] of victory in the Glory of Christ, not the mindless bad news of a grim and powerless Church/Bride/Body of Christ that will have to be “raptured”! It paralyses and kills vision in young men (Joel 2:28) and robs our children of their rightful destiny in Jesus Christ, it keeps the Church from her glorious inheritance in Christ! Yes, of course Jesus will return in His glorified body – 1 Cor 15 and 1 Thess 4:16-18 is true! But this will be no secret, “staged” affair! Maranatha! Allejulah!
A sidelight of the futurist interpretation of Matthew 24 and an integral part of dispensationalism’s future “great tribulation” (Mt 24:21) is the much-heralded battle of Armageddon. “Armageddon” is synonymous with mass destruction, carnage, and unprecedented bloodshed. Despensationalists shamelessly declare that blood will flow 6 feet deep for 200 miles. To accomplish this, the blood would have to encompass the whole valley from Mount Carmel on the Mediterranean Sea along the Kishon River through the valley of Megiddo and Jezreel to the River Jordan, then south through the plain of the River Jordan to and through the Dead Sea, and onward south through the valley of the wilderness of Zin and past Kadesh-Barnea into the Sinai Peninsula! This is absurd, there is not enough blood in the entire global population to accomplish this – it is symbolic! Interestingly (although Rev 14:20 is used as a cross-reference), the term is not used in the O.T. and is mentioned but once in the N.T. This great tribulation prophesied by Jesus (Mt 24:29) marked the end of Judaism (A.D. 67-70). The end of that world He was not King of: the legalistic Jewish system of law [attempting self-righteousness] and external rules (Rom 8:1-3; Heb 8:13). The twelve tribes of [old national] Israel are described as the sun and moon (Gen 37:9,10). The cosmic imaginary describing the judgement and vindication of God meant ”lights out” for the old order (Mt 21:42,43; 1 Pet 2:9,10; Rom 10:4). Consider the parallel language of the O.T. describing the end of Babylon (Is 13:9,10), Edom (Is 34:4,4), and Israel (Amos 5:18-22; 8:9). Jesus told the religious “elite” that the kingdom of God would be taken away from them and given to all who come via the only Way, Jesus Christ (Mt 21:43; Jn 14:6). Paul in Gal 3:25-29; 4:21-31 makes this very clear.
2. Apocalypse. Look it up in any decent [pre-seventies] dictionary. Better still, check the Greek dictionary of the N.T. [601. apŏkaluptō; 602. apŏkalupsis] – it means to uncover, to remove the veil, to disclose, lighten, revelation, appear and manifest and bring the mystery out in the open and shine light on it. Now consider the words penned by the same author [John] that penned the apŏkalupsis of Jesus Christ, i.e. the Revelation of Jesus Christ (Rev 1:1), afterwards in 95 A.D. in Jn 1:1-17 (Ampl.)…
3. Armageddon. Transliterated from the Greek Armageddon (Strong’s # 717) and means “a symbolic name, or Har-Meggiddon”. It is taken from two Hebrew words: Har, meaning “mountain”, and Megiddown, meaning “rendezvous; Megiddon or Megiddo, a place in Palestine”. It is derived from gagad (“to crowd; to gash”) and guwd (“to crowd, to attack”). In the KJV, the former is translated as “assemble (selve by troops)” and the latter as “invade, overcame”. Megiddo, or “place of troops”, was a walled city on a plain. There will never be a future “Battle of Armageddon”, for there is no such place, no “mountain of Megiddo”, on this planet! The city (not mountain) of Megiddo was located about 70 miles north of Jerusalem in the Carmel mountain range. Situated on the main road that linked Egypt and Syria, it was the site of many O.T. battles. Overlooking the valley of Jezreel (plain of Esdraelon), Megiddo was the most strategic city in Palestine as a military stronghold. Megiddo is mentioned 11 times in the O.T. (Josh 12:21; 17:11; Judg 1:27; 5:19; 1 Kings 4:12; 9:15; 2 Kings 9:27; 23:29,30; 1 Chron 7:29; 2 Chron 35:22). Two notable events took place there – Deborah and Barak’s defeat of Sisera, and the slaying of King Josiah of Judah by the pharaoh of Egypt. Megiddo is a symbol of war between rival kings and kingdoms. In examples given, Israel was both a winner and a loser. Rev 16:16 references the latter, where Josiah would not listen to God’s warning (2 Chron 35:20-25). Jesus means exactly what He says, and has said, when He had said “it is finished!” If “Armageddon” was fought, it was between those two kingdoms (Light vs darkness) and Jesus has won (Col 2:15). That was the day of the Lord. The day of days He has made (Ps 118:24!; 1 Cor 1:18-2:5). Rev 16:17 tells us: “then the seventh [angel] emptied his bowl into the air, and a mighty voice came out of the sanctuary of heaven from the throne [of God], saying, “it is done!” (sounds like Jn 19:30, penned later by the same writer, does it not? Especially if you take note of the fact that this same John was the only disciple present there). Rev 1:7 makes it clear that when Jesus returns, “every eye will see Him”, it will not be a secret affair, neither will it happen in stages, as the dispensationalists suggest. So, in this “rapture”, will it be pre-trib, mid-trib, or post- trib? So which is it: pre-mill or a-mill or just a windmill? Men confused themselves by forced man-made ideas and other mindlessly echoing these lies in parrot-like fashion.
4. The sign of the beast. Bible language is timeless. A beast is not spiritual, it is not God-conscious, it has a soul (is self-centred, has an intellect, emotion and a will), but lacks the spirit. A beast behaves immoral, a spiritual man moral. The spirit of man needs to be reborn from above [God] by man willingly inviting Holy Spirit in (Jn 3:3; 4:24); i.e. by man submitting to God and following Jesus Christ (Jn 14:6). Rev 13:16-18 mentions the sign of the beast on the forehead and on the right hand. See here Dt 6:8 with the verses leading up to it (v2-7). The forehead implies what you think, and the right hand what you do. Rev 13:18 (Ampl) says: “Here is [room for] discernment [a call for wisdom of interpretation]. Let anyone who has intelligence (penetration and insight enough) calculate the number of the beast, for it is a human number [the number of a certain man]; his number is 666”. Well, who amongst men is more a “certain man” than Solomon (1 Kings 3:12,13)? Now see 1 Kings 10:14. Solomon received in one year 666 shekels of gold (20 000 -30 000 kg). Also, he then had a big throne of ivory made, overlaid with gold, with six lions left, six steps between and six lions on the right (v 18-20). Interestingly, when the queen of Sheba ascended these stairs “her spirit left her” (some translations interpret this as “she was breathless”. Either way, the breath God breathed into man was the ruach/pneuma – His Spirit) – 1 Kings 10:4,5. No Spirit, no Spirit-life [fruitful relationship with God the Father]… See what Asaph confesses in Ps 73:22 (Ps 49:20). Without Spirit you return to dust (carnal thinking with a carnal mind), and the devil eats the dust of the earth. See Rev 22:4. Don’t be blind to the awesome beauty in the Truth of God! The sign of a beast [self-righteous, self-conscious man] is lust + greed (Eph 5:5, and study Solomon…)! Easy!
The point is this: If Solomon in all his wisdom went lost (1 Kings 11), we should be very aware of the “self” (1 Cor 10:6-12). The sign of “the beast” is simply greed and lust (Col 3:5) – i.e. self-righteousness. This is what you find in the materialistic world in abundance, highlighted in the O.T. system’s legalistic, religious world – law; also in yourself, before Jesus saved you – from yourself. This is why the Law of Moses kills and steals (2 Cor 3; Gal 3). The double-mentioning of the figure 666 in 1 Kings 10:14 as well as v 19, as referenced in Rev 13:18, could symbolically very well point to both the material and religious sides of conceited but vain self-righteousness culminating in man’s lust and greed. Carefully contemplate Jn 1:17 (3:3; 14:6; 1 Jn 2:4)…
Some assume Solomon repented in Ecc 4:13 and Prov 31:1-3, but this is not certain. God’s promises to O.T. men and woman invariably were dependent upon the other party to the covenant meeting His conditions. Whether He said so at the time or not. In 1 Chron 28:7 we find Him promising to establish Solomon’s kingdom forever (note the “if he…”). Then in 1 Kings 11:9-11 we find that God “became angry” with Solomon for all his degenerate and abominable conduct and his treachery of heart towards Him and without mercy, except for David’s sake (Ex 20:6), God declared that the kingdom would be torn from him. Was God breaking the covenant? No, Solomon had broken and nullified that covenant long before; it no longer existed; there was no promise for God to keep. Christians are prone to think that God will overlook or tolerate their self-centredness [neglect of Him – Ex 20:3; Prov 30:12], and keep His part of the agreement whether they do or not, but the wisest man who ever lived died knowing God is not mocked: “[he inevitably deludes himself who attempts to delude God; we cannot make God an accomplice to our ungodliness and impure hearts], for whatever [unbelief] a man sows, that and that only is what he will reap” (Gal 6:7). If you seek Him [inquiring for and of Him and requiring Him as your first and vital necessity] you will find Him; but if you forsake Him, you risk being cast off forever!” Your choice. David was telling Solomon all this, but as the king grew in power, popularity and personal aggrandizement, step by step he set himself up as privileged to ignore God. In all his wisdom he failed to comprehend that “Something greater and more exalted and more majestic than the temple is here!… Someone more and greater than Solomon is here (Mt 12:6,42). To be spiritually dead is being as a beast before God. The sign of a beast, is being absorbed in his self-centredness, is thinking and acting in self-righteous lust [want] and greed. This sign of the beast is a present day reality. So is the antichrist. The antichrist is anyone opposed to the teachings of Jesus Christ. The apostle John revealed this antagonist of Christ (1 Jn 4:3b). Just as “the man of sin”, is this not only a single individual, but all who [individually] qualifies, and therefore the “beast”. Be careful here, not to try and “earn” or “deserve” God’s blessings and ignorantly totally ignore [miss] your salvation in Jesus Christ…
The Amplified Bible comments on 1Kings 11:8 as follows: “What all this did to Solomon’s sweet fellowship with God is to be seen in Ecclesiastes. Take the sun out of the sky, and all the earth’s beauty and fruitfulness will go also. Take God out of your sky and life’s joys will be turned to dregs, bitterness, and futility. Solomon had deliberately chosen to live “under the sun” instead of under [the Light of] God. In the awareness of his own unquestionable greatness, he had become indifferent to the fact that it is fatal to scorn God or ignore God”
Then also, the Amplified Bible comments on 2 Chron 6:42 as follows: “ Young Solomon seems, and doubtless is, utterly sincere as he offers this prayer of which God shows His approval by the miraculous demonstration of His presence in the next verse. It raises the ever-present question, How could Solomon have begun his career like this, and have written his unquestionably divinely inspired books, and yet have fallen eventually into utter defiance of God’s will? Not as the result of one [visible] false step, as with David, but as the habit of his life for the remainder of his days! Not broken with unspeakable sorrow for his awful sin, as was the penitent of his father (Ps 51), but without ever apparently repenting or confessing his awful defiance of God and His explicit precepts and warnings, given to Solomon himself (2 Chron 7:17-22). Possibly in this closing sentence of Solomon’s prayer we detect the fallacy in the young king’s thinking. He seems to be saying in substance, “Oh Lord God, I am Your responsibility now; it will be for You to see that my face does not turn away from You; and not for my sake, but [since my name is identified with this temple as well as Yours, You must keep my face turned toward You] for Your own sake!” God lost no unnecessary time in attempting to set the young man straight as to whose is the responsibility for sin – in this case specifically (2 Chron 7:12,17-22) But there is no evidence that Solomon applied it to himself; though he preached it a bit to others, he seems to have considered himself exempt from obeying God’s teachings (desires, will) – an attitude which has brought disaster upon every person who has ever taken it, however great, or wise, or rich, or otherwise humanly significant.” Does this sound self-righteous, and like a beast?
A point of interest here: Rev 13:1 speaks of a beast with seven heads coming out of what is the lowest on earth (the sea). Rev 2 & 3 mentions seven churches. Remember that God the Father nominated one Church [Body] with the resurrected Christ as the Head. This one Body [church] cannot be “denominated” by man (1 Pet 2:1-10; Col 1:18; 2:19; Eph 1:22; 3; 4:3-6,15; 5:23; 1 Cor 3:11,17-23; Heb 11:10)!
Examples of the Bible revealing the “threes”
– Water that appears in three forms – fluid, solid (ice) and gas (steam)
– Fire brings forth heat, light and fumes (smoke)
– The suns rays are invisible, but when blocked give light and heat (is actinic, luminiferous and calorific)
– A triangle has three sides and angles yet one surface and one shape
– [Reborn] man is one – yet consists of spirit, soul and body (1 Thess 5:23)
– God revealed Himself in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
So, is it any surprise to find that John, in the Book of Revelation, tries to express what he has seen (in chapter 13) in three’s – a sea, a land, a heaven… a low, a higher, a highest. And the sea of the sand John stood on, was only inches above the sea – that low place every true follower of Christ will end up on, before finally breaking out of religion and its law that kills, by really discovering the Truth that sets you free – it is about Jesus Christ, not you and I. That beast that first rose from out of the sea is you, or I, or anyone [still] driven by lust and greed! Yes you [below thoughts Rom 8:7-9] are your own worst enemy (Satan is overcome – Col 2:15)! The devil has no authority, he gets authority from mankind that allow themselves to be deceived by a fallen foe! Then, because we pay homage to ourselves [our own lust and greed], this dragon is given dominion he should not have! Then this “beast” is transferred to the land, and so rises out of the church. That broad middle way is the land – popular religion [self-righteousness of attempting self-salvation through obedience to a set of rules]. Rules God handed [added later] to stiff-necked Jews with hardened hearts to show them self-righteousness [distrust in His Voice; Rom 8:14,15] is fatal and stupid (Gal 3:19; Heb 2:2; Acts 7:38,53). Yes, God used angels as flaming instruments (Heb 1:7; Ps 104:4). And you want to stay saved by following that law Jesus ended (Rom 3:20; 4:5; 7:4,6,10; 8:1-3; 10:4; Heb 8:13; 9:8-14,26; 10:14; Gal 3:2-5,10-12)?? Try Rom 3:20,24-28; Gal 3:16,29 (Gen 12:3; 22:17; Jer 29:10-13).
They walked 40 years around that mountain where the law was handed down to them to shut them up (Gal 3:19). And you want to follow them? The Rock [not made by human hands] broke out of that mountain and abolished all types of government [manipulation] by man. Try Mk 11:23-24 in context again. This Rock was indeed not made by human hands (Dan 2:45; Gen 49:24; 1 Cor 10:4; Rev 6:16!!). Notice that that magnificent statement of Mk 11:24 was made just after Jesus cursed the fig tree.
Why a fig tree? Who is represented by the fig tree?
We can assume that fig leaves are unsuitable to cover a naked body (private parts representing lust and greed, also symbolized with circumcision), yet see this is what Adam and Eve came up with, of the entire wonderful flora, in Gen 3:7! This of course, points to a more suitable clothing in Rom 13:14; Eph 6:12,13; 2 Cor 10:4-5. Now read 1 Ki 4:25; 2 Ki 18:31; 2 Chron 16:9; Jer 50:20; Mic 4:1-4; Zech 4:10; Prov 27:18; and connect it to Jn 1:48-50. See that Acts 7:53-60 happened seven years later (those critical 7 years of Dan 9:24-27 can be perfectly explained as having happened between Jn 1:50-51; Mt 3:16-17 [+ 3.5 years to] Jn 3:15-20 [+ 3.5 years to] Acts 7:54-60. Then, in 70 A.D. Jerusalem was destroyed just as Jesus foretold, while those people that heard/saw Him speak it were still alive (Mt 24:34). Note that the fig tree was identified in Mt 3:7-11; 21:18-20,33-46; it was also prophesied in Joel 1:7 (the vine is God’s people – Jn 15:1-5; the fig tree represents religious play-actors even some scribes/scholars that bear no fruit, even singing songs and getting all emotional with hands waving like leaves (Hos 9:1,10) but bearing no fruit (Mt 10:8; 3:10; 23) or showing leaves (leaves and fruit should appear simultaneously) but offering unripe or no fruit (Mt 21:19; compare Mt 19:28 with 21:42-46; acts 19:2-7!) and is cursed by God [is no good] – Rev 6:13; Mt 21:19). That fig tree seemed to have “blossomed” (Mt 24:32) when they thought they got rid of Jesus Christ (Jn 19:6,7,14-16, Acts 2:23,36; 3:13-15)! Note also, that for “stars” to fall on the earth (Rev 6:13) is not remotely a physical possibility (size, and gravitational physics) but pointing to people, some good (Gen 22:17; 26:4; 37:9; Ex 32:13; Dt 1:10; 10:22; 28:62; 1 Ch 27:23; Neh 9:23; Is 14:13; Rev 1:16,20; 2:11; 12:11) and some bad (Dan 8:10 note the “stars” here probably imply [priests] as in Hos 4:5-11; Rev 3:1; 6:13; 12:8-10). Contemplate Is 34:4; Jer 8:13; Hos 9:1; with Lk 13:6-9; Mt 12:32-42. See Mt 19:28 in Ps 118:24; Jn 3:15-21. Those stars that fell was when Jesus had won (Col 2:15; Rev 16:17; Jn 19:30) and so “stars” such as Herod, Sanhedrin members, and other, fell when the Lamb of God was slain (Is 34:4; Mk 13:25; Jude 13; Heb 10:112-23).
The dust of the earth, Satan is eating, is legalistic, carnal-minded people (“Christians” or not) – Gen 3:15; Job 4:19; Lk 10:5-11; Acts 52:1-3 . Abraham’s first [natural] seed is like the sand of the sea (below), like dust – Gal 4:21-31! The second (born by promise, from above), was like the stars of heaven. See it?
Old and new, good and bad, truth and lies, are not to be mixed (Js 3:8-18; Mt 9:14-17; Heb 13:8; Lk 9:62).
The Message puts Gal 4:16b,17 like this: “… And now have I suddenly become your enemy by telling you the truth? I can’t believe it. Those heretical teachers go to great lengths to flatter you, but their motives are rotten. They want to shut you out of the free world of God’s grace so that you will always depend on them for approval and direction, making them feel important”.
Get rid of that religious externalism and have a continual, everlasting, habitual relationship with God your true and real Father, through Jesus Christ, and be counseled, comforted and guided by Holy Spirit. See how Mt 10:8 MANIFESTS in your Light-life, your Truth revealed to the world as truly good news!
5. The antichrist. The apostle John (who received the Revelation of Jesus Christ– Rev 1:1), wrote this about the antichrist (note he did not say an antichrist as in only one specific future individual):
- Someone [anyone] who denies that Jesus is the Christ – 1 Jn 2:22; also see around v. 18,26…
- Someone [anyone] who denies the Father and the Son – 1 Jn 2:23
- Every spirit that does not confess Jesus – 1 Jn 4:3
- Those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh – 2 Jn 7.
Simply stated, antichrist aptly describes any system of apostasy or individual apostates (the unrenewed mind). Moreover, the antichrist is a religious apostate from true Christianity, not some secular [future] political figure. Take special note of 1 Jn 2:4. Watch out for hypocrites [play-actors] and religious rulers and principalities (i.e. principals and principles [thoughts] that heads [rules] your thinking – 2 Cor 10:5)!…
Overwhelming historical evidence of Biblical prophecies fulfilled, makes it clear that the “little horn” that arose from within the Roman Empire, is the Papal order with several Roman Catholic Popes making blasphemous statements of being inerrant, and God Himself, even to be above God on earth! Church fathers like Martin Luther, John Calvin, etc. have all categorically stated that the Pope is [an] anti-Christ.
It is true that sinister and Babylonian idolatry wants the heat of the Pope, but equally shrewd is the devil at work to dilute the response+ability of each individual believer to personally follow [listen to] Jesus Christ!
For the purpose of this writing [to lift out clear basic facts from basic misleading theories based on fear-instilling lies], the author intentionally avoid painfully long and confusing arguments and clever Eschatological theories; and rather try to understand that God as a Perfect [trustworthy] Father is all about a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and not religion [man’s efforts at righteousness with pomp ceremonies, rituals and manipulative traditions]. It is only through faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ on His cross (Jn 3:15-16; 14:6; 1 Cor 1:21; 2:2; Rom 10:9-10) that man can be saved – not through any knowledge of end times or religion or any effort [work] of man (Rom 3:20,24-28). We should perhaps, therefore, rather try to get to the place where we will be of those that remain (1 Thess 4:13-18; 5:23) to see Christ return and trust Him fully to have all under control [Love, good, not manipulation] and then find out first hand what the facts will be. The author, for one, is not at all perturbed about what will happen then. However, having said this, must we still urgently endeavour to have an accurate and full knowledge [of a personal relationship and enlightenment] in Jesus Christ (2 Tim 3:15-17; Eph 4:10-25) right now.
Guard against emotional hypes that overlook the fact that any religious institution [government, rulership] that exalts itself above Jesus Christ and deny the deity of Jesus Christ, or the fact that Jesus Christ fully came in the flesh as the Messiah, is anti-Christ – not just one individual. Being misled by any system makes you just as part of it [in lazy, stubborn, ignorance] as activists! Beware of being trapped into false teachings with fear as a basis, buying their scare that a bigger coming than that of Jesus Christ the Messiah is this “anti-Christ” still to come. The devil has no coming in the flesh [in one single individual] – God had One in the Person of Jesus Christ, and God can not be outdone. Do not believe the devil and his advocates!
6. “Kingdom of God” and “Kingdom of Heaven”. Both are found in Scripture; but Scofield’s classical dispensationalism made a distinction between “the Kingdom of God” (for the Church) and “the Kingdom of Heaven” (for millennial Jews). But what the Gospel of Matthew says about the “Kingdom of Heaven” (Mt 4:17; 5:3; 10:7,8; 13:31; 19:14,23,24), Mark and Luke say about “the Kingdom of God” (Mk 1:14,15; 4:30,31; 10:14; Lk 6:20; 9:2; 18:24,25). Simply stated the phrase “Kingdom of Heaven” shows us where it is from, and the phrase “Kingdom of God’ tells us Who runs it. Also: Matthew was written to the religious Jews with their tradition of “not mentioning God’s name” [“lightly”], while Mark and Luke wrote to those without such tradition. Jesus prayed John 17:15 (and v20). Both kingdoms are describing one and the same thing, they are not different. A King has one kingdom, of which He is the [sole] owner. Think about what Jesus said in Mt 12:25.
While on the subject, contemplate Lk 16:16. The religious dust tries to force their way into God’s kingdom [on earth!] through self-righteousness [law], but ignores God’s grace (Jn 14:6)!!! Try the following Scriptures again: Mt 13:11-12; 16:19; 21:43; 23:13… Nicodemus, Jn 3:12-15!!!…
7. “Any minute” or “until”? Yes, Jesus will literally, physically return [manifest visible] to this planet, but as to the timing; the key word is “until” (Mt 24:36; Gal 3:19; 4:1-4). The [second] coming of the Lord is not a blessed hope – it is a blessed fact (Acts 1:11). Our expectation is not that He will come again, but rather that we will be like Him when He does! Jesus cannot come again until:
7.1. His enemies [plural – Ps 110:1 with Heb 1:13; 10:12,13 and also note the “until”] are made His footstool in the earth – Mk 12:36; Acts 7:49. His foes are defined by the curse of the law: sin, sickness, poverty, and death (Dt 28). . John on Patmos had that dust under his feet…
7.2. The times of restitution (restoration) of all the prophets have spoken. Acts 3:19-21. Again, “… until the time comes for God to restore…”
7.3. The Church comes into the unity of the faith, the full and accurate knowledge of the Son of God, and attains to the measure of the full stature of Christ. Eph 4:13 – “until we all reach…”
7.4. The heavenly Husbandman receives the early and latter rains of Joel – James 5:7. Ps 110 reveals the purpose of God’s Kingdom – the extension of His rule and dominion in the earth and universe. The Church is called to be the instrument of the Kingdom, to rule in the midst of its enemies. Note especially Eph 4:11-16, the foundational ministries given by Jesus Christ to the Church to equip and mature the saints (Lk 11:49; Eph 2:20; 3:1-5). Dispensationalists seem to want to go up, but not grow up. Contemplate Gal 4:1-2. The gospel is practical and relevant to everyday living. Stay busy till He comes, do what God told you to do (Mt 28:19,20; and remember: you cannot disciple others unless you are a disciple yourself first). Jesus seems to not come [again] “until”- follow Jesus’ teachings!
8. Larkin’s precision chart looks intimidating until you open your eyes to the truth that the Church is the [co-heir of the] Seed of Abraham! The Davadic oath gave Jesus the throne, the legal authority to appropriate, activate, and administer those promises. By extension, Jesus now shares these covenantal blessings and responsibilities with His Church as a promise, joint heirs with Him of the grace of everlasting life (Rom 8:17; Gal 3:7; Col 1:27; 1 Pet 3:7b; Eph 2:11,12). To be a new creature is to be an Israelite indeed (Jn 1:47; Rom 2:28,29). What some have called “rapture fever” is like an addicting drug. Men instantly focus on an imminent return of Christ that will remove them from history [His story?]. Daily headlines are continually used to prove their latest sign of the times as a “newspaper exegesis” as “the clock of prophecy” ticks on. The problem with this natural mindedness is that everything in God begins in the heavens and then manifests in the earth. Ironically, the ticking-clock mentality contradicts itself! If any prophecies are to be fulfilled today (and there are), that would mean that there are events in the Church Age that must take place prior to the “rapture”, and this would deny their “any moment” coming! Despite the embarrassing setbacks of the 1980s, prophecy teachers geared up during the Gulf war (1990), and yet again in 2005/6. Book sales soared, but then crashes with yet another cycle manipulated by these prognosticators. Remember Mt 7:15; 24:11,24; 2 Cor 11:12-15; 2 Pet 2:1-3, and be bright [in His Light]. Note how people tend to stubbornly “defend” false teachings [in pride often camouflaged with religion] they were misled into, but [the] “self” fell for.
The Historical roots of dispensationalism.
It is enlightening to look at the history [origin and development] of this popular viewpoint with its hand-me-downs of a fearful and powerless futuristic Church. We will soon see that Francisco Rivera and Manuel de Lacunza originally invented this dispensationalism-idea to take the heat off the pope; and that John Nelson Darby, Cyrus Ingerson Scofield, and Clarence Larkin were just making names for themselves by building on it.
Robert Norton, received his M.D. in 1829 from Edinburgh’s University’s faculty of medicine only to enter the Anglican ministry in the 1840’s. When news of the charismatic revival in western Scotland broke in 1830, Norton, like Darby and others, went there as an observer. He published these initial findings in 1836, referencing brothers James and George Macdonald as principal leaders. Norton lived in Albury from 1857 to 1862, noted for famous prophetic conferences. His 1861 history of the Irvingites mentions key leaders of the nineteenth century “latter rain” movement such as James Steward and John Campbell. In The Restoration of Apostles and Prophets he tells about the Macdonald family in Port Glasglow, a small shipbuilding town in western Scotland, and especially mentions the 15 year old Scottish girl, Margaret (born 14.01.1815). Norton’s Irvingite chronicle states that in the spring of 1830, Margaret, a semi-invalid, confined to a sick bed, was said to have been given the gift of prophecy. Her subsequent healing caused no small stir. It was during this season (April 1830) that this young girl had a vision about the church being caught away before a tribulation. On page 15 of his writing Norton says: “…the power of the Holy Ghost rested upon her for several hours, in mingled prophecy and vision… here we see the distinction between the final stage of the Lord’s coming, when every eye shall see Him, and His prior appearing in glory to them that look for Him.”
Concerning their “The restoration of Apostles and Prophets” referred to above, the author would like to point to his short paper called “Church part one”, p. 5-6, with Heb 1:1-2; Rom 15:20; 1 Cor 3:12; Eph 1:4; 2:20; 4:11-15; etc. Again observing people trying to re-instate what Jesus Christ successfully fulfilled.
Although the Irvingites apparently experienced charismatic manifestations of the Spirit, including tongues and gift of prophecy, it has been papered that Margaret was not baptized with the Holy Spirit at the time of her “revelation”. The pre-tribulation teaching did not originate with an utterance of tongues, and it is doubtful that the Macdonalds ever visited the charismatic revival taking place in Irving’s London congregation; however, Margaret privately sent handwritten copies of her Scripture-riddled “revelation” to some leading clergymen, including Irving. Margaret’s father, Captain James Macdonald, had died earlier (as had her mother). The Macdonald clan included three sisters (Margaret, Mary, and Jane, of which Margaret was the youngest) and two brothers (James and George). The boys tried their hand at business. When their venture failed, they turned to spiritual matters. Uneducated, clannish emotionalism took precedence over serious Bible study. Margaret’s eschatological views were well known to those who visited their home, among them John Darby of the Plymouth Brethren. Copies of her vision were circulated as men started to preach this rapture idea as gospel. Her “two-stage” vision of the Lord’s coming was parroted in a “prophecy” by Mrs. J.D. Cardyle (whose husband was leader of the Albury delegation to Scotland) on April 30, 1831, in a house meeting. Irving himself began to preach these “revelations” at Powerscourt house in prophetic meetings. Some of these meetings were attended by the Plymouth Brethren, including John Darby and C.H. Mackintosh.
At this point, it is interesting to note that every false religion in America began to evolve and develop at the same time! These include the following:
- Mormonism – Joseph Smith organized the “Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints” in 1830.
- Seventh-Day Adventism – following William Miller’s false predictions of 1834-44, the S.D.A. church was organized in 1860. It was later led by Ellen G. White.
- Spiritism – beginning with the Fox sisters in 1847, the “National Spiritualist Association of the U.S. of A” was formed in 1863.
- “Christian Science” – Mary Baker Eddy published her bible, Science and Health, 1875.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses – Charles Taze Russell published the first issue of The Watchtower in 1879.
- The “gap theory” – Thomas Chalmers (1780–1847), a notable Scottish theologian and first moderator of the Free Church of Scotland, was perhaps the man most responsible for the gap theory. The idea can be traced back to the rather obscure writings of the Dutchman Episcopius (1583-1643), and was possibly first recorded from one of Chalmers lectures in 1814. William Buckland, a geologist, did much to popularise the idea. Many of the details are obtained from other writers such as the 19th century geologist Hugh Miller, who quoted Chalmer’ lectures on the subject. This ruin-construction view is held by many who use Bible study aids such as the Scofield Reference Bible, Drake’s Annotated Bible, and the Newberry Reference Bible. The most notable influential 19th century writer to popularise this view was G.H. Pember, in his book Earth’s Earliest Ages, first published in 1884.
Christianity is essentially historical. The Bible is full of His-story. Without knowledge and grasp of historical events, we are most vulnerable (Hos 4:6). But are you or I really historically armed to study eschatology? Futurists themselves claim novelty for their system, that it was mainly a nineteenth-century “discovery” (1830 to present). More significantly, dispensational teachings have been handed down by men who were not baptized with the Holy Spirit. When the Pentecostal revival came to Azuza St. in Los Angeles (1906), William Seymour and other Spirit-filled forefathers assumed Darby’s and Scoffield’s eschatology. The only new historical distinction was glossalalia, or speaking with other tongues (Acts 2:4). During the sixteenth century Protestant Reformation, most reformers were historicists concerning the interpretation of the prophetic books of the Bible, especially the Book of Revelation. They believed its fulfillment had been taking place throughout the church age. This contrasts the dispensational or futuristic view, which waits for these Scriptures (especially Rev 4-19) to be fulfilled.
For the purpose of this writing, the following short summaries on these key personalities:
Edward Irving. Born in Scotland in 1792, a brilliant young romanticist with a particular taste for literature (including Don Quixote and Tales from the Arabian Nights). He received his M.A. at Edinburgh when only 16, and was ordained a Presbyterian minister at 22. He was exceptionally tall and elegantly handsome; his mind that of a genius and his spirit almost childlike, dubbed as “the greatest orator of the age” (though not an expository teacher). Called “the father of modern Pentecostalism”. Irving was eventually condemned in March of 1833 by the Church of Scotland for teaching the sinfulness of Christ’s humanity. His arraignment was primarily based on his 1830 writing, The Orthodox and Catholic Doctrine of our Lord’s Human Nature. He died December 7, 1834, in Glasglow aged 42.
John Darby and the Plymouth Brethren. Born November 18, 1800, in London, England. Following his father’s wishes, he studied law at Westminster College and received his B.A. degree from Trinity College Dublin. A change in career plans led him to ministry and he was ordained to the Anglican priesthood around 1825. From 1826-27, Darby and those who stood with him formed the Plymouth Brethren movement – the eventual ardent advocates of the “any moment” doctrine. Historians say the Brethren were teaching a two-stage dispensational idea as early as 1831. Others contend that Darby introduced the secret rapture theory at the Powerscourt meetings in 1833. Interestingly, some of the outstanding Brethren, such as George Muller, were in open opposition to this new theory because of its lack of Scriptural soundness! In the 1860s and 1870s, the Brethren’s two-phase coming of the Lord with its “secret rapture” made its way to America with several visits by Darby himself (also to West Indies and New Zealand). Darby’s influence was greatest among Presbyterians and Baptists. Darby also translated the Bible into German and French. Eventually his futurist views found their way into the notes of the famous Scofield Reference Bible (1909). This purported “father of dispensationalism” died on April 29, 1882, in Bournemouth, England, aged 81. It is estimated that John Darby left 40 volumes of writings and some 1500 assemblies around the world. The editor of Darby’s works was William Kelly (1820-1906), who attempted to credit Darby as the originator of dispensationalism, and carried throughout the English-speaking world. A line of continuity from Darby to present can be traced (C.H. Mackintosh, William Kelley, F.W. Grant) with interceding scholars (W.E. Blackstone, G. Campbell Morgan, H.A. Ironside, A.C. Gaebelein, C.I. Scofield).
C.I. Scofield. Born in Michigan in August of 1843, and raised in Tennessee. After a stint in the Confederated Army, he studied law. Ambiguous historical sources say he was converted in 1879 in St. Louis under the ministry of D.L. Moody. In 1880 Scofield joined the Pilgrim Congregational Church of St. Louis. Scofield had no theological training, and three years later had been given a license by his good friend Pastor D.C. Goodell to preach and pastor in Dallas, Texas. Some purport that the Dr. in front of his name was self-given. At about the same time, his Roman Catholic wife Leontine (whom he married in 1866) drew up divorce papers July 28, 1881, charging that Cyrus Scofield had abandoned his family, making no provision for food, clothing, or home. The case was somehow dismissed but in October 1, 1883 filed a second time, this time the divorce was granted, stating that the young pastor was not a fit person to have custody of children. Three months later Scofield married Hettie Van Wark, in 1884, a member of his Dallas Congregation. Nevertheless, Presbyterian minister James Brookes, who had worked with John Darby, helped to sponsor Scofield’s ministerial endeavours and shaped the young preacher’s eschatological views. He began the “Scofield Bible Correspondence Course” on dispensationalism in 1890 (later taken over by the Moody Bible Institute in 1914-15). Early in the 1890s Scofield was also the head of the South Western School of the Bible in Dallas, forerunner of Dallas Theological Seminary, which was founded in 1924 by Lewis S. Chafer (1871-1952). The Scofield Reference Bible (whose seven consulting editors included A.C. Gaebelein and A.T. Pierson) was officially published by the Oxford University Press on January 15, 1909 (then revised in 1917 and 1967).
This dispensational, pre-millennial Bible was edited by Scofield with the financial assistance of prominent Brethren businessmen. Within 50 years, over three million copies were printed in the USA. Similarly, Finis Jennings Dake furthered the propagation of Scofield’s dispensationalism with Dake’s Annotated Reference Bible (1961). Cyrus Ingerson Scofield died July 24, 1921, and was buried in Flushing, New York.
Many Bible teachers swear by his notes with the same fervour as others do with Dake’s.
“The lie” and “The Truth”
2 Thess 2:11,12. The lie here in second Thessalonians is ho pseudos in the Greek. With the defininte article, it reads, “the lie”. Since Adam’s transgression, three forces of evil have passed to his descendants – sin, deception, and death. Paul in his writings declared these to be he hamartaia (“the” sin); ho pseudos (“the” lie); and ho thanatos (“the” death). The only remedy for these ruling principles is the One Who came to destroy the works of the devil (1 Jn 3:8). He is “the Way, the Truth, and the Life” (Jn 14:6). To those who reject His Word, God will dispatch a working of terror. The Greek word for “delusion” is plane, and means “a straying from orthodoxy or piety; an impostor or misleaders”. Vines adds that it means “a wandering”, marked by mental straying, wrong opinion, error in morals (Eph 4:14; 1 Jn 4:6). These are people believing “the” lie, putting their faith, trust and confidence in tradition rather than the Bible. The devil speaks “the” lie (Jn 8:44). Men exchange “the” Truth for “the” lie (Rom 1:25), while God commanded us to put away “the” lie (Eph 4:25); and they are sent strong delusion (2 Thess 2:11).
“The” lie is that Satan is alive and well on planet earth and that the old man is still alive in the re-born.
“The” truth is that Satan has been defeated and the old man has been crucified with its affections and lusts. Daniel 9:25 states that the Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Prince of peace with God, finished this work.
Darby, Scofield, and Larkin have uttered things that are untrue. Their greatest atrocity was to replace the seventieth week of Daniel – the days of Christ the Prince, the Word made flesh (A.D. 27-34) – with their infamous future antichrist, Satan made flesh. The Lord Jesus is the only One Whose right it is (Ez 21:27)!
The meeting in the air
What about the passages: 1 Thess 4:13-5:9; 1 Cor 15:51-58 – will there be a meeting in the air? 1 Thess 4:16 says “…the dead in Christ shall rise first…” The warfare is accomplished, the earth is the Lord’s (always have been – Ps 24:1). The dragon is defeated, but still has a mouth, and this deceiver attempts to abort the Seed (Word) of God. See 1 Thess 4:13. Rev 22:12 says Jesus will bring His reward with Him on His second coming (not third, or fourth coming). From Genesis (1-3) to Revelation (21-22), the pattern is clear: God comes to dwell with man (Jn 1:14;14:23; Rev 21:3. In Revelation 21 the “city” – the Bride, the Lamb’s wife – comes “down”, out of the realm of the invisible to the visible (Heb 12:1a). Jesus’ ascension was not geographical but spiritual – He was caught up into the heavenly realm of the Spirit, and He will come again in “like manner” (Acts 1:11). That is, caught-up into [spiritually transported], not UP into [vertical direction]. The apostle Paul was caught up into the third heaven while he was on the earth right next to his horse on the road to Damascus (2 Cor 2:12:2,4); so also the evangelist Philip in Acts 8:39, so John on the isle of Patmos, and Ezekial on the river banks of Babylon. Note here that the priests next to Ezekial were in captivity. Is your mind still in captivity? At His coming He “descends” from the invisible to the visible. “From above” not “below” (Jn 8:23), refers to the higher state, or realm, of heaven [Spirit]. Living saints will welcome and escort their returning, glorified Lord back into our visible realm.
f you still think “raptured” means what they say, read the Amplified Bibles’ Greek explanation in Jn 20:20. Did the twelve go anywhere when in their “rapture” [in joy, seized, captured in an overwhelming moment]? Pause, and calmly think about it. Carefully consider Heb 12:22-28; Rom 14:17; and Ps 24.
Paul tells us in 2 Cor 5:1-6 that when the spirit leaves the body, the body immediately “descends” (Eph 4:9) into that state of death while the spirit (and soul) “ascends” into His presence. At the resurrection, the order will be reversed. Paul was comforting the hearts of the Thessalonian saints about the “fate” of their loved ones who has gone to be with the Lord, making it plain they are coming back with Jesus to “rejoin” their [glorified] bodies. They will get back what they have lost. Yes, we have more than they, we still have our bodies! Meanwhile, they are consciously with the Lord as a soul and a spirit, waiting to return with Him.
The “air” is probably what we breathe. (The paper “Body, Soul, Spirit of man” expands on the air in ruach and nephesh; and pneuma and psuche). We will meet Jesus in what we breathe [surrounds us], but in a visible way, receiving an immortalized, glorified body for our soul and spirit – and Christ – to eternally dwell in.
A thief in the night.
Read 1 Thess 5:1-9. (Chapter divisions in the Bible is not necessarily Holy Spirit inspired, but for reference purposes. Keep reading the context of 1 Thess 4:13-5:9).
1 Thess 5:19 shows that the Lord is not coming as a “thief” to those who are sons [and daughters] of Light. Only the wicked will be surprised. Perhaps also those who did not spend enough [extra] time with the Lord in a personal relationship, “buying” [with their time] extra oil for their lamps (Mt 25:1-13). To those walking in the flesh [dark], it will get darker on the earth, and end in hell. To those walking after the Spirit and the Word [Light] of God, it is getting brighter and brighter, heaven on earth (Prov 4:18).
Jesus the Messiah [Christ] came as “a thief in the night” to the Jews who waited for Him but then rejected Him when He appeared (Lk 12:56; Jn 1:9-12).
Daniel’s prophecy of seventy weeks
The devil is defeated, but still has gullible [spiritually immature, ignorant] people to deceive by his lies. Satan has no power, but uses man’s power against himself [against God’s creation, made to His image, but ultimately unbelieving God’s Word, His promises]. Man’s laziness [complacency] is dangerous!
Darby and Scofield’s two-stage split coming of the Lord is primarily based on one portion of Scripture, Daniel’s prophecy of seventy weeks (Dan 9:24-27). This puzzle was used (by Satan) to intimidate the saints lest we understand the gospel of glory (2 Cor 4:3,4). This scheme was begun over 400 years ago.
The Jesuit priest, Francisco Ribera (1585), was the first to stretch Daniel’s prophecy and separate the 69th and 70th weeks by a “gap” or “parenthesis” of 2 000 years. Accordingly, he taught that during this 7 year period the events of Rev 4-19 take place. Most scholars agree that the first 69 weeks of Daniel’s prophecy take us up to the time of Jesus’ public ministry and crucifixion, yet dispensationalists contend that the entire 70th week is yet to be fulfilled. Without this futurized 70th week, the “pre-tribulation rapture” formula falls apart. Whether one is pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib in his views, all is tied to a future “tribulation”, to the assumption that Daniel’s 70th week is yet to come! Why grope at people’s theories, let’s look at what the Bible clearly says.
That stature of Nebuchadnezzar, had no gaps between the other kingdoms, so there is no exegetical reason to postpone the Kingdom set up “in the days of these kings” (Dan 2:44). No gap is mentioned in the Bible. People need gaps to justify any sense in their theories (full of holes?). The idea of an indeterminable gap is one of the most unnatural and non-literal interpretations found in any eschatological system. Ironically, this interpretation is taught by those who insist on a literal hermeneutic!
The Bible mentions several instances of 40 years with no gaps in time (Dt 8:2; Judg 3:11; 5:31; 8:28; 13:1; 1 Sam 4:18; 2 Sam5:4; 1 Kings 11:42; 2 Chron 24:1; Acts 7:23,30; 13:21). More importantly, because Israel refused to honor the jubilee years – 70 in all – God sent the nation into captivity for 70 years (Lev 25). No gaps. Specifically, it was Jeremiah’s prophecy that Daniel was contemplating when Gabriel brought God’s explanation (2 Chron 36:21-23; Jeremiah 25:12). There is no indication of a gap in this 70 year period! 70 means 70, no interruption!
These futuristic and fanciful theories ignore the N.T. realities and the witness of Jesus Christ Himself to these verses (Mt 24:15). Check what was the end of (that) world – Heb 9:26; Gal 4:4,5; Col 1:20.
There is a great difference between the real Bible prophecy and humanistic eschatology. The vast majority of O.T. predictions point to the coming and consequent death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ the Messiah. Some prophecies of the N.T. point to the fall of Jerusalem by the Roman army in A.D. 70.
The historical view believes that most Bible prophecies had been fulfilled by the time Jerusalem fell, or at least by the time the Roman Empire was “Christianized” by Constantine (the Edict of Milan in 313 A.D.). Accordingly, the “last days” (different from the “end times”) spoken of in the N.T. were the last days for Old Covenant national Israel and the early inaugural days of the N.T. Church. This includes the “last days” of animal sacrifice in the temple (Heb 9:22-10:6). Nonetheless, Scofield’s notes on Ezekiel 43:19 snub the N.T. Epistles and call for the reinstitution of animal sacrifices in a millennial temple!
How should Christians treat Daniel’s prophecy? First, we must understand that the 70 weeks were determined “upon” (concerning) the “people” of Daniel and his “holy city”. Obviously the holy city is Jerusalem and Daniel’s people are the Jews from which the Messiah would come. The N.T. “city” is the Church, the heavenly Jerusalem (Mt 5:14; Heb 11:10; 12:22-24). However, Daniel’s prophecy has to do with Jerusalem and the Jews, from who came the Messiah the Prince (of also Gal 3:16).
The key to unlocking this powerful Christological passage is to recognize the sixfold prophetic purpose contained in its complete scope and fulfilment. Within the uninterrupted time frame of 70 weeks of years (490 years), historical events would take place among the Jews (“thy people”) in Jerusalem (“thy holy city”) that would:
- Finish the transgression (Is 43:25; 53:5; Heb 9:15)
- Make an end of sins (Jn 1:29; 19:30; Mt 1:21; Heb 8:12; 9:26; 1 Jn 3:8b)
- Make reconciliation for iniquity (Rom 5:10; Eph 2:16; 2 Cor 1:19,20; 5:19; Heb 2:17)
The first three promises of Daniel’s 70 weeks were historically fulfilled at Calvary’s cross! Compare Is 53:12; Mk 15:28; Jn 4:34; 5:36; 17:4; Rom 10:4; 11:15; 2 Cor 3:13; 5:17-21; Heb 2:17; 6:16; Js 5:11; Rev 21:6). No wonder the devil, who met his demise at Golgotha (Col 2:15), wants to obscure and confuse Daniel’s words! Don’t be dust (Gen 3:14; Job 4:19; Is 52:2; Mt 10:13,14; Lk 10:8-12; Acts 13:50,51; 1 Cor 2:2,5-9; Ps 102:14). The deceiver eats the dust of the earth, people who choose to distrust God’s promise of sonship.
- Bring in everlasting righteousness (Rom 10:3,10; 2 Cor 5:21; Phil 3:9; 1 Cor 1:30; Heb 7:1,2)
- Seal up the vision and prophecy (“prophet”). (Is 29:10,11; Mt 5:17-20; 11:13; Jn 5:39; 6:27; 19:28-37; Acts 3:18,22; 26:17-19; Rev 19:10)
- Anoint the most holy (“holy of holies”). (Lk 1:35; Acts 3:14; 1 Jn 2:20,27; Ps 45:7; Is 61:1; Lk 4:16-21; Acts 2:27; 4:27; 10:38; Jn 14:6; Rom 1:4; Heb 10:19,20)
Now see Jer 31:31,34. Daniel had been studying the prophetic manuscripts of Jeremiah. The sixfold scope of Daniel’s prophecy is summed up in Jeremiah’s prediction of the New Testament. In spite of Jeremiah 31:31-34 being quoted in Hebrews 8:8-13 (following the truths of Heb 8:1-6 that declare Jesus’ “more excellent” high priestly ministry after His resurrection), Scofield relegates these verses to national Judaism in the Millennium. Notwithstanding, the “new covenant” is the N.T. (Heb 9 – inheriting by the grace of God alone what we could not ever earn), a matter of heart and not the letter (Rom 2:28,29)!
The prophecy of 70 weeks enlarges Jeremiah’s predictions. It is wholly Christological and Messianic! Putting an end to the Old Covenant and inaugurating the New Testament [inheritance] (Heb 8:13; 9:16,17), Jesus Christ on the cross. Dispensationalists need an adjusted vision concerning Daniel 9:24-27. Their whole concept needs re-examination, which the Bereans won’t mind (Acts 17:10,11). How about you?
The seventy weeks are determined
The same archangel that announced the Messiah’s birth to Mary (Lk 1:26-31) prophesied His death to Daniel! The time of the evening obligation was 15:00 (the “ninth hour”) – the very hour of Jesus’ crucifixion (Mt 27:45-46; Jn 19:30)! The Lamb of God died for the sins of all the world (Jn 1:29; 3:16)!
- Dan 9:24. The 70 weeks are 70 X 7 = 490 consecutive years (“weeks” read as “sevens”).
- The 70 weeks started with the decree of Artaxerses (Longimanus) of Persia for Ezra to beautify the temple and restore its worship, and to rebuild the Jewish state, 457 B.C. (Ezra7).
The prophecy of the 70 weeks (490 years) can be divided into:
- “Seven weeks” – 49 years (building the city and wall, ended 408 B.C. – Neh 13:23-31)
- “Threescore and two weeks” – 62 weeks, or 434 years, ended A.D. 27 when Jesus Christ was 30 yeas of age (having been born in 4 B.C.)! The historical and Messianic fulfilment of Daniel 9:25 has been noted. Daniel’s 69th week ended in A.D. 27 when Prince Jesus stepped down into the baptismal waters of the Jordan, and his 70th week began when “the Messiah the Prince” came up out of these same waters, anointed to dismantle the works of the devil (Acts 10:38; 1 Jn 3:8)!
- “One week” – seven years. Daniel mentions the “end” often throughout his prophecy (Dan 8:17,19; 11:6,27,35,40,45; 12:4,6,9,13). Until the end of the “war” or “battle” (Dan 11:20,25), “desolations” or “astonishments and devastations” (Dan 8:27; 9:17,18,27; 11:31; 12:11) are “determined” or “decided, decreed”. The Hebrew margin renders the last part of Dan 9:26 as “it shall be cut off by desolation”. These words and phrases point to the complete destruction of Jerusalem in A.D. (Mt 24:2). Furthermore, Dan 9:26 accurately predicts the ravaging of Jerusalem by the Roman “troops” and their “prince” Titus in A.D. 70. Indeed “desolation” without Christ, and an “abomination” to God!…
Another slant on the historical view is that some variant Hebrew translations of Dan 9:26 read, “and the prince (Messiah’s) future people shall destroy the city and the sanctuary”. Accordingly, the “people” of Prince Messiah would be the (then) Jews. Josephus, the Jewish historian, blamed the complete destruction of Jerusalem upon the Zealots who resisted and continued fighting after their defences had fallen, thinking that God would never allow the city to be conquered. These bandits caused more death and destruction than the Romans. Pregnant women were cut open and men trampled over unborn babies.
Regardless, the “prince” of Dan 9:26 is not some future antichrist.
Titus and his men “destroyed the city and the sanctuary” of the Jews. Josephus was an eye-witness to the unparalleled tribulation that brought the fall and destruction of Jerusalem, and the “end” of Judaism like a flood. His detailed and scholarly account, Wars of the Jews, was published about A.D. 75. His history provides a marvellous confirmation of the prophecy that Jesus gave, even in fine detail. The “desolation” that Jesus decreed came to pass (Lk 13:35). These infallible predictions by Jesus (Mt 23:36-24:3) set the time clock for the total abomination of desolation as prophesied by Daniel.
In Mt 24:34 Jesus said, “This generation” (His own). After the death of Jesus, Judea had continual trouble (tribulation), especially in the harshness of their taxes. Tyranny reigned A.D. 60-62. The armies of the Roman Empire, Assyria, and Egypt began a march of total destruction over the land of Israel. Wars, battles, devastation, destruction, horror, and death were everywhere. There was civil disobedience in every city (Mt 24:4-8). Throughout Judea, thousands were killed. As noted, internal strife between rival religious factions ransacked the city of Jerusalem, doing as much or more damage than Titus’ army. They would later join forces with the common Roman foe.
Emperor Vespasian sent his son Titus with elite forces (4 legions) to crush the holy city in A.D. 69. Famine raged. Josehus, according to his account of Titus’ siege (Wars V.-VI), acted as a mediator between the Romans and the Jews that the temple might be spared. Against Titus’ wishes and in spite of what some “prophets” at that time had said, the battle culminated with the burning and desolation of the sanctuary on September 8, A.D. 70, the very month and day that Solomon’s temple had been burned by the Babylonians (according to Josephus, Wars VI. Iv 8.)!
We will stop here, contemplating Acts 7:48; 17:24; Heb 9:11; Ps 127:1; Jn 4:20-24. Yes, we are His body, we are His Church – Eph 1:22,23; 2:18-23; 4:12; 5:32; Col 1:24; 1Pet 2:5; 1 Cor 3:16; 1 Jn 4:16.
Contemplate 1 Cor 1:23-2:2,5; 3:11. Was the apostle Paul aware that Jesus was resurrected from the dead? Well, he wrote Eph 2:5-10,14-22; 1 Cor 15:1-8 (Gal 1:11-12), Rom 3:20,24-28; 5:9,21; and so on. See Rev 12:10 and how many times in the Book of Revelation we are reminded of the Blood of the Lamb and the [slain] Lamb of God. If you think Christ crucified means Christ overcome, you do not understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was not won [and so crucified], Jesus Christ has won [paid the ransom for us] – Col 1:13-22. Don’t be scared to accept the crucifix [a Christian’s banner], but know that an idolised cross of a Roman Catholic Pope [free mason] is something completely different.
Eschatology is not the real issue. What determines our position is that Jesus Christ is Lord of (all) our lives! Who governs the way [and what] we speak and think? Who is it – really – that you follow?
Whether one is devoutly sitting in a pew waiting for an “any minute” rapture, or playing with the Scriptures and God, there is more. There must be more. Sons of God must show the power of God. This means we must change, we must make a complete and utter commitment to King Jesus. The heir cannot remain a child. Apostles, prophets, teachers come forth! Jesus will come for a mature Bride, so the Church has to grow up. May we see the Light… in – and outside – time…
Jesus’ second coming is not “any minute”, it is “not until”… until you and I become like Him and do what He has told us to do (Mt 10:7,8; Jn 17:20; Mt 28:19,20). Watch the millions of dollars wasted in promoting a false hope based on fear, a powerless Church and twisted Truth (lies). There is big money and power [for false preachers] in keeping people in bondage. They are thieves (Jn 10:1-10). Many slick “dispen-sensational” best-sellers are sold about happenings in the Middle East. Nothing has changed.
If the “any minute” rapture were a reality, I humbly and thankfully tell you that by the Grace of God I am born again, Spirit-filled, and ready to go… But what if I am right? I beseech you. Do not believe things just because some preacher have said them. Heb 12:2… is for the rest of chapter 12! Read it!
Take your Bible. Read your Bible and see Jesus, not your “self” (2 Cor 3:18). Study your Bible. Rethink your Bible. Knowing the Truth sets you free, not binding a defeated foe (Satan) in prayer. (How does he then get loose again to – repeatedly – be bound by so many millions of Christians? Selah!). The devil’s only power is in deception [ignorance of professing believers] (Jn 8:33; 1 Jn 2:4). He has no power in his own (Js 4:7). The devil is given much too much credit. Some thinks he never misses a trick, but is doubtful about the Lord’s faithfulness (in prayer), but is absolutely convinced the devil is totally faithful.
We must grow up (because He empowered us), not go up (because we can not make it). Get bold enough to declare and live for the Truth, the teachings of Jesus Christ, not pseudo-studies of parrots. Accept His everlasting [immortal, eternal] Life! Jesus came to give us a life more abundantly, but religious institutions insist on an abundant death! The church [Body of Christ], follow Christ, not dogmas of men.
So we see then that the Bible is about Jesus Christ, not recipes. The Bible is not teaching rules, ceremonies, rituals, and tradition [religion, law] as a means of salvation and abundant life; but rather a relationship with the most intelligent and most creative Person: our Father in heaven, one with His Son. And this through His Son, His Spirit inside of you, that empowers you, makes you also a son (potential mature child) of God. You cannot grow into this sonship – you either are a child, or not. You may grow more mature [enlightened], but your Father does not grow into fatherhood for you, neither do you grow into sonship as His child! Neither are you a pilgrim or a migrant – you either belong to His household or not (Eph 2:6,19). You see it, or you don’t (Jn 3:3;Mt 24:40). A kingdom implies rulership/dominion, so if Jesus is the King of all the kings in His kingdom, and that is you (Rev 1:5,6; 5:9,10), are you ruling in all aspects of your life? If not, can it be because you are waiting for things that has happened? Is it possible that the power of the church is watered down because they place in future events that is history (Mk 7:13)?
What if Jesus [God] expects you to have dominion here on earth, and that that heavenly city is a people, not a place (Is 60:14; Mt 5:14), and that the place He went to prepare for you in His Father’s house (Jn 14:2), is actually mentioned further on in vs 23-24 (Lk 17:20-21; 2 Cor 4:7; Eph 4:12-15; 1 Cor 3:9,16; 1 Tim 3:15; Col 1:24c; 1 Pet 2:5; Eph 1:19-; 2:20)? Just say, for a moment, the meek [humble before Jesus’ teaching] will inherit the [whole] earth (Mt 5:5), and you have been fast asleep because you talked after other men in parrot-like fashion, and missed the whole plot – what Jesus came to do, and actually has accomplished (Jn 19:30). Just say that you are not following the gospel of Jesus Christ but only that about Jesus Christ? Gal 3-5.
Believe here means to take JESUS CHRIST seriously. Be His Church. His Body, His Bride, His Light, His city on a hill. You are a human be-ing, not a do-ing, so be His true and faithful Bride – until…
Jesus Christ is the only One Who’s right it is! And His church is an organism [living body], not an organization. And certainly not a powerless one contradicting His prophecy (Is 9:7) and His success.
The glory Jesus will return in, will be His mature Body corporate – His manifested brothers on earth. Yes He will be in His glorified body as Jesus Christ, but Christ will also be in His mature brothers on earth!
Amazing how, when you preach the cross of Jesus Christ (1 Cor 1:18-2:5), confirming what Jesus Christ finished on that cross, you see the same reaction of the religious and especially their rulers (Jn 15:18-20).
Very carefully consider what the apostle Paul’s concern was in 2 Cor 11:3. Did you see v 4? Again understand the one, unfolding, progressive revelation, from the beginning [Genesis] to the Revelation of Jesus Christ (Rev 1:1a) – see Heb 8:12-1; 9:13,26; Rom 10:4; Gal 1:6-15… Shall we go on, or are you seeing the Light (Jn 1:9-17)? Yes, that was the day (Jn 19:30) the Lord has made (Ps 118:24); that was the day judgement was passed also on religious rulers, powers, principalities, wickedness in high places! Woe to you, Scribes, Pharisees, Saducees! Anyone rejecting Jesus Christ – alone – as the way, is wrong!
A “school” originally referred to a person, and only later started to refer to the institution that followed the teaching of that person. So the school’s “pupils” (as in eyes), allow light in to see what the teacher sees, and so become “enlightened”. Followers are disciples, you see…
Have you also noticed two words in the English language today that obviously share the same root, namely (1) “principal” that most dictionaries will tell you is cardinal, chief, controlling, dominant, first, foremost, most important, pre-eminent, strongest; and (2) “principle” that firstly is assumption, axiom, canon, dictum, doctrine, dogma, formula, fundamental, golden rule, law…” Now think again of Eph 6:12. Who do you suppose are these “rulers” and “principalities” and what is “this present darkness” they rule? How can wickedness get in high places, if Satan (himself) has no access in heaven [does not approach God’s throne]?
The darkness that condemns people, because they love the darkness more than Light (Jn 1; 3:17-21), is none else than the law, the idea of self-righteousness, being blinded by the principality – in their own minds – that they are god. This god that does it “my way, and may I say, not in a shy way…” What astonishing arrogant blasphemy! A Satanic lie at best!
Can you see the twist (“wickedness”) in deceiving children of God? You are supposed to accurately reflect Jesus’ Light and Truth and represent your Father! Ps 8; 82:6; Jn 10:34. Read around Jn 10:33-42. Hard Scriptures? Attach Jn 15 and Jn 14 (especially v 9-15)…
Listen and hear well, friend in Christ, a religious institution is NOT the Church of Jesus Christ! The Church of Jesus Christ follows the teaching of Jesus Christ! His Church believes Jesus set them free from themselves, from attempting in vain to live by a law that only administrates death through attempted self-righteousness. His Church is His Body and believes Jesus – that He ended the law (Rom 10:4; Jn 19:30). A body with cells that fight each other is infiltrated by cancer, and is not the Spirit of Christ (Rom 1:17-22). Now, friend, do you have ears to hear? Hear then even Jer 1:12; Is 55:10-13. Accept 1 Cor 3:11 for real!
Read Prov 11:30; 15:4; then Heb 5:12-6:3. This advanced teaching is the plain Truth that sets you free. Nothing else can set you free. Believe you Jesus Christ – Jn 10:10; 16:33. Jesus Christ is your righteousness. Jesus Christ is your holiness. Jesus Christ took all judgement of sin (Jn 16:9) on Him for all those THAT BELIEVE HIM. Do you love HIM? More than your self? More than men and their twisted, wicked, compromised and manipulating ideas? Do you love HIM?
This advanced teaching (Heb 6:3) will get you to not conform to this world of the law [self-righteousness] (Rom 12:2), but have the mind of Christ (1 Cor 2:16). This teaching will get you to repent, to change your mind, to take those wicked thoughts captive into obedience unto Christ (not the other way around). Perfection is in His righteousness, His Love, His grace.
Be in your right mind, clothe yourself with JESUS CHRIST and sit at HIS feet (Lk 8:35). Stop being so busy, king of your own created world (Lk 10:41) – delegate [choose time with Him, trust others to help, get a CEO if you have to, grasp Mt 6:33]! Like Martha, you might welcome Jesus into your house [1 Cor 6:19-20] and have cd’s of gospel music all over and Bibles lying around (Lk 10:38), but still be so busy trying to impress [even] Him that you hear not His voice (“but…” in Lk 10:40a). Be quiet and get His good news: Jesus Christ did it, you get what He deserved through HIS work. Jesus loosened the work the devil had done. This means Jesus ended the law. This means you should be clothed with Him, hear His voice, follow Him, be free, and in your right mind. His mind, His idea for you (Jer 29:11-14; Gen 22:17). You shall not die but live (He is able).
But if you still want to mix an old covenant law with the New Testament of Jesus Christ, then finally accept Heb 4:1-3 (num 14:16a!). If you want to still trip over the stone [law, Sabbath], then see that v 4 says “For in a certain place He has said about the seventh day…” Does that sound like the time the law was given? Read on (v. 3,5-16 in the Amplified). Verse 7 says “Again He sets a definite day, today… Today, if you hear His voice… do not harden your hearts”. If you still think you have to die to enjoy abundant death, and your peace will only be in “heaven” one day, you are missing the awesome revelation that that day of rest (Eph 2:4-9; Phil 4:5-7) is actually not far, but in your heart and in your mouth – just believe it and then speak it! Jesus always said “peace…” saying anxiety is unbelief and distrust in His ability, promise and character.
Speak to that mountainous Sinai (law), cast it in the lowest on earth – the sea. Stand on the sand of that sea [dust], making it your footstool. Then see. You are above, not below. That “below” that will not be in the new heaven and the new earth. Prophecy to it. Say to it, Grace! Grace! Say what God says!
So to summarize: the work the devil (accuser) has done, was to take man’s awareness of himself and twist it into a focus [reliance] on himself, instead of focussing [depend in trust] on God for wisdom, power [glory, anointing] – Love. So instead of being aware [conscious] of self (Ps 139:13-17) to bring Father, Son and Holy Spirit glory in a meaningful personal relationship, the self is seen as god [not needing a Savior, a Guide]. So the idea of following a law or steps or rules become very appealing, and fruit (words) that kills. The impressiveness is thus so not glorifying God [Love], but the self as god. All these doctrines of man, such as “infant baptism”, “rapture”, “gap theory”, and so on, is actually all having the same effect: it brings a phlegmatic, stolid numbness over man. The man that is supposed to be the glory of God, the pinnacle in His creation. The rulers, the kings, the priests. This is the glory Jesus wants to return in – us (you)! This is the kingdom Jesus wants to hand to His Father for good – you [us]! This work is what Jesus came to do, to loosen [remove the “bobbin”] what the devil has done (1 Jn 3:8). See?
Wake up and grow up church! Why stop with Heb 12:2, that is only the introduction, to prepare you for what God is saying following verse 2!! “Tribulation” [Holy Spirit’s conviction] is training! Don’t shrink away from it, subdue it! God did not send it, you allowed it! Rule or get the re-test over and over until you pass! Jesus Christ is the King of kings. If you refuse to be a king, you refuse His kingdom-plan, and you will not glorify Him and His name. Don’t be lame, bare HIS Name!! Don’t wait to go up, grow up!
The choice is yours: be useful and use that power [glory, anointing] inside of you, manifest your sonship as a child of GOD; or be uselessly content that you are saved and going away to heaven one day, unscathed [ignoring Jesus’ commission (Mt 28:19-20; Jn 17:18-20)].
You should know that a believer is not necessarily a follower [yet] of Jesus Christ (Js 2:14-26). And if you follow man [man’s ideas], you are not a disciple of Jesus Christ, and then surely you will be unable to make disciples of men [for Jesus Christ] – (Heb 5:12-6:3).
Are you with God’s program? God wants you to know that through Jesus Christ, you have what is His on earth, that is why Jesus had to be buried (Heb 9; Gal 3). You inherit it through Jesus, you cannot earn it by observing a law (Rom 3:20-28; 7:10; and so on). Slowly study Eph 1:1-18 (at v 10 pause and check Heb 9:26; Gal 4:4-5; Col 1:20); Rom 8:15-17; Heb 1:1-2; Acts 4:7; Rom 4:13-17; Ps 37; Gal 3:11-16,29; 4:6-7; The promise to Abraham (not Moses) in Gen 12:3 and 22:17 (not Dt 28 to Moses) is what is yours to inherit because Jesus Christ earned it for us. Believe it and go for it! LIVE and rule on earth!
Are you shaken? Good! That is what Heb 12 is saying. God will shake the earth to reveal what cannot be shaken – HIS WORD. Dogma will fall, be burnt like chaff. And the shaking, the cleaning up, will start inside His house, His Body corporate, His Church – first. There can be no “denominations”- they are abominations, desolation at best. The power and glory, the Light and grace of God is not reflected there.
As a thought-provoking post script, compare the Scriptures on the left, with those on the right:
Acts 5:36,37; 8:9-11; 13:6
Mt 27:51-53; Rev 11:13; 16:17-19; Acts 11:27-29
Rev 1:16-20; 6:13; Dan 12:3; Num 23:17; Job 25:5; 38:7
Lk 22:52-53; 21:28-30 (1 Cor 2:7,8); Lk 13:6-9 that leads to Mt 21:18-31,33-45
If 1948 (Israel’s independence) + 40 = 1988 – why has Jesus not returned yet?
Again think of what happened on that cross at Golgotha, and what it was that Jesus Christ paid for, provided for, and what exactly it is that Jesus Christ said He has finished [fulfilled]. And what it is that you are waiting for, and what the whole creation [of Jesus Christ, Jn 1:1-4; Col 1:15-17] is waiting for (Rom 8:19). Has He given you a Spirit of fear, timidity and without power to overcome all? So which is it?
Go in peace with Col 1:21-29 and 2 Tim 1:4-14.
Love, joy and peace to you and your loved ones, in Jesus, our Brother (Heb 2:10-13), everlasting Father (Is 9:6-7a), and Lord. Perhaps Prov 17:24 is very applicable. Maranatha!
Are you in Adam, in Moses, or in Christ Jesus? So where are you seated? Whose son are you? Do you know a child of God is [still immature and] not [yet] a [mature] son [like Jesus Christ]?
He is waiting on us, not we on Him! (Heb 10:12-13)
It is about His coming, not our going.
Kelley Varner, Whose Right it is; A handbook of Covenantal Theology, 1995
Dave MacPherson, historian
 The “close of the age” in verse 40 is from (G165) αἰών, aiōn, from the same as (G104); properly an age; by extension perpetuity (also past); by implication the world; specifically (Jewish) a Messianic period. Now note Heb 9:26. This is discussed a little more later in this paper.
 Basic [general] Biblical prophetic terminology explained in Scripture include the following: Fine linen – righteousness (Rev 19:80); Trumpet/wind – war (Jer 49:36); Harlot – idolatry (Lev 17:7; Js 4:4; Ez 16:29; Hos 2:2,4;4:11,12; 5:4; 2 Pet 2:14); Water- Holy Spirit [Word of Life everlasting of God] (Jn 7:38,39); A woman – Church (Eph 5:22-24; 2 Cor 11:2; Ps 113:9!; Is 54:6; Rev 17:18; Gal 4:21-31); Zion – God’s people [followers] (Is 51:16; 60:14; Mt 5:14); Beast – nation without Spirit (Dan 7:3-6,17; 8:4; Gen 1:24,25; Ps 49:12,20; 73:22; Prov 9:2; Rev 11:7; 13:1,11; 15:2; 16:3; 17:8; 19:19; 20:10); Horn – kingdom/kings/rulers (Dan 8:21; Rev 17:9-12; 5:6; 13:1; 17:3,7) [but also strength as in 1 Sam 2:1; Ps 18:2; 92:10; 148:14]; Rock – Jesus Christ (1 Cor 10:4; 3:9-11; 1 Pet 2:4-10; Gen 49:24; Dt 32:4; and so on)
 Other comparisons to “beasts” exist and are seen in Babylonian symbolism. But they all point basically to self-righteousness and can therefore be summarized as lust and greed. We see (a) a Peacock that resembles pride, self-righteousness, puffed-up (1 Cor 8:1-3), vanity; (b) a dog that resembles immorality, shameless self-satisfaction and eating of any vomit and excretions; (c) a pig that resembles gluttony, surrender to bodily cravings; (d) a turtle/porpoise that resembles self-reliance [self-protection in any form such as money, witchcraft, astrology, etc.], a slow response [to the Gospel]; (e) a leopard that resembles savageness [no mercy or grace or forgiveness], revenge, offense [taken in pride and anger]; (f) a frog that resembles greed [self-fulfilment]; (g) a snake that pumps poison into the hearts of people [suggestions of distrust and lies such as Gen 3:1]; (h) a cockerel that announces the sun [for sun-worshippers].
 An old saying says, you can be sincere, but sincerely wrong!
 See the last five paragraphs in the “Trinity Doctrine”, by the author, for a magnificent revelation about Rom 12:19.
 Consider Jude 20; 1 Jn 5:4; 4:17; Eph 6:15-18; Jn 7:37-39; 2 Cor 10:5 (Mt 16:23); 1 Cor 2:16; Phil 4:6-8; and so on.
 Test the Jews [B.C.] to 1 Jn 4:1-6; and read it with 1 Pet 2:10; Mt 21:43; Jn 14:6; and so on…
 Dan 7:24,25 with Rev 13:5,7 (Roman Catholics killed about 50 million Protestants during the inquisition); Also reference the following: Henry, Cardinal Manning, The Temporal Power of the Popes; Catholic Encyclopedia, vol 17, art. “Papa”, p. 265; The Catholic Priest, p 78; The Catholic National, July 1895; Dignities and duties of the Catholic Priest, vol 12, p 27; Extracts from Ferraris Ecclesiastical Dictionary, article about Pope; Most Holy Councils, Labbe and Cossart, vol XIII, p 526; On the Authority of Councils, vol 2, p 266; The Great Encyclopedial Letters of Pope Leo, June 20, 1894; in Rome, on 10.02.1817, was Pope Leo XII referred to as “… our Lord God the Pope…” documented in Rome as it is, p 180; The Pope is said to be the one to rule the world – The Most Holy Councils, vol 13, col 1167; The Roman Catholic Church with the Pope as the head, is behind all secret societies such as the Jesuits; the Free Masons, the Illuminati, Communism; See Dan 7:25; Acts 20:30 – the Pope and the Roman Catholic Church changed the calendar and instated Sunday as holy (Ancient Church, p Vi, Vii, says that man-made institutions and ceremonies have stealthily crept in claiming to be have Godly status between the time of the apostles and Constantine’s conversion); The Decretal De Translat, Episcop Cap claims that the Pope has the power to alter time and the laws of God. Consider reading the paper by the author entitled “Church Part Two” for a simple discussion.
 Note that shrewd doctrinal definitions (such as Roman Catholic teachings) imply that Christ had not “fully” come yet. Others, such as the so-called “Christian Scientist”, deny outright that Jesus was resurrected and the real Messiah.
 This mistake in dating arose when in A.D. 532 Dionysius Exiguus invented the calendar of the Christian Era based upon the time of the building of the city of Rome, and this kind of time was called ab urbe condita, or A.U.C. (or simply, U.C. time). Dionysius placed the birth of Christ U.C. 753. Later when it was ascertained that Herod had died in U.C. 749, Jesus’ birth was moved back to the latter part of U.C. 749, a little more than three years before A.D. 1. Therefore, Jesus was 30 years of age in A.D. 27. The “Child” had been born in Bethlehem; the “Son” was given 30 years later at the Jordan (Is 9:6,7)! Read Mt 28:11-15 to see desperate Jews covering prophecies fulfilled.
 For a more detailed discussion on the “trumpets”, see the paper entitled “Lucifer, Part Two” by the author. Suffice for now, to point out that “trumpet” here refers to an announcement, proclamation or message as for example Is 58:1; Mt 3:11 (Jn 1:29; Rom 8:2-4; 9:4-8,25-26); Lk 1:31-33,37,69-70 (Rev 5:10); Rev 1:10;4:1; 8:13; 9:14; and so on.
 Jn 11:25,26; Rom 6:23; 8:1-3. If Jesus took all your sins away, why die? How big [trustworthy] is your God?
 See paper, “Genesis to revelation”
 1 Pet 5:6-11; Js 4:5-10; Mt 6:32-34; 13:22; Mk 13:11; Lk 10:40-42; 12:22-37… see the rest [peace, trust] of Heb?
 1 Cor 16:22 – an Aramic expression written by Paul meaning “our Lord is coming soon, and He will judge all those who do not love Him”. The rest of us are washed by His Blood, with our names in His Book of Life.